• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Official 4/4 - 4/5 Storm Discussion Thread

Greg

Staff member
loafer89 said:
It is snowing here in Deer Park:-o , and I heard that NYC officially made it to the 40" total for the 2005-2006 season with the snow today making for the 4th year of 40" +.
And here comes all the "how does that help us in New England?" posts... ;)

loafer89

I feel the pain along with everyone else that more snow did not fall in New England, but still it is very remarkable, especially for a snow lover, to see 40"+ in NYC for four straight years.

New England got it's fair share in the last month, better late then never:wink:

meat

good turns at Jay today. Probably 6-10 inch snow total, the most at the top of course. The top 40% of the hill had some decent powder, but still on the heavy side imo. the bottom half of the mountain had much sloppier snow. most everything is open back up, probably pushing close to 100% again, saw they dropped the rope on the chutes too.

great turns for the month of lirpa!

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
really heavy think snow at burke this afternoon after it baked in the sun all day. a little bit of pure powder higher up on the mountain in the shade :D i'd say at least 4", prob more before the snow consolidated with occasionally deeper drifts. leaving work early to go skiing down the road rules!

:D

awf170

I would say Wildcat got 12-18(depending on elavation) of the heaviest snow known to man. Awsome base though. Everything on the mountain was skiable even though they had no snow on the ground before the storm.

eatskisleep

awf170 said:
I would say Wildcat got 12-18(depending on elavation) of the heaviest snow known to man. Awsome base though. Everything on the mountain was skiable even though they had no snow on the ground before the storm.

Me = Mad I couldn't go!!!

kcyanks1

loafer89 said:
Hopefully the new snow holds for Easter, I am planning on going up next thursday 4/13 for three days of skiing. The extended forecast looks fairly cool and dry:-D

Wildcat is reporting 11-16" of new snow, so it looks like Northern New Hampshire and Western Maine did well with this storm.

The snowstorm is your fault Greg, mother nature did not like the spring/summer colors on the message board, keep up the good work:-D

The change depressed me. Then I changed my options so that I always have winter colors, and I am much happier. :)

Zand

2" here in central MA. First time since the blizzard we've seen snow here.