• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Just too darned COLD!!!!!!!!!!

teachski

Website
teachski.com
Boy is it cold out! I have the heat cranked way up in my house and it is still cold in here. I think I need to have new windows done next summer, I can feel the breeze at some of them. I called for more oil because I don't want to run out even though I had my tank filled on the 30th of December.

It is soooooooooo coooooooooold that the school where I teach has cancelled classes for tomorrow! The buildings were pretty cool today and there were some problems with the heating systems, several of the busses had trouble starting and it's just too cold for the kids to wait out for the busses. It was -16 here this morning.

I have been sick, a bad cold, so the day off is perfect! If my town has no school either I will go to my sister's with my niece and sit in front of the pellet stove all day tomorrow.

Hopefully it will warm up enough for skiing this weekend! I need to go, this cold, cold weather has kept me away too long! I am becoming a whimp, I can't take this cold anymore!

J

jlangdale

I second that. My Jeep is having issues starting and started to overheat this morning half way to work for some reason. :<

My daughter's been on 90 minute delay each morning (which is kinda nice to sleep in).

MichaelJ

Website
www.saletnik.org
Thursday night it was -24 at the Adirondack Loj near Lake Placid. We chose to stay in a motel.

But the next night it was -12 and I found the tent to be just fine.
:D