• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Day After Cures...

Greg

Staff member
Fruit Punch Gatorade

Yep.

But if the hangover is really bad, nothing helps me, but time. Usually, 4 pm is the magic time when I feel human again if I'm really hung.

NYDrew

2 liters of saline solution with 2 doses of vitamin B administered through a vein. pure oxygen respirator and a nice soft pillow to pass out on. works every time.

SKIQUATTRO

i get migranes which maybe worse than a bad hangover....if i'm drinking and forget to take the 4 motrin and water before bed, i'll get one in the middle of the night and it'll last between 4 and 10 hrs....got one thursday night about 1am...after vomiting all night and all day, i finally had the strength to get out of bed at 2pm Friday and eat some ice cream..the cold helps constrict the blood vessels and helps the head/coats the stomach...then for me, pizza and a coke followed by copious amounts of Gatorade to replenish fluids...

ctenidae

Instead of Gatorade, I find that Pedialyte, or a generic equivalent, works better- less sugar, which just makes you jumpy, adn more water.

2knees

I'm with greg, for a bad hangover, there is no cure except time. Advil Cold and Sinus can help a little for me as it has Ibu and psuedowhatever but sleep cures all.

and i feel your pain Sev, i was in your shoes almost all day yesterday. Although, i managed to drag my ass to the golf course around 4 and sweated out whatever was left of the poison.

deadheadskier

Staff member
you know, certain, but not all physical activities seem to help me quite a bit. Skiing will help cure a hangover real well. As well taking a dip the ocean.

WakeboardMom

Yep.

But if the hangover is really bad, nothing helps me, but time. Usually, 4 pm is the magic time when I feel human again if I'm really hung.

Cranberry juice and what he said.

Saturday I had too much to drink and put myself to bed at 7:00. The next day I had a hard time remembering what had happened between about 4:30 and 7:00...but no hangover. I think that's kinda messed up.

drjeff

Starting to look like the AZ hangover cure consensus is a decent volume of a sugary liquid, something somewhat on the greasy side to eat, and rest/time

WJenness

Instead of Gatorade, I find that Pedialyte, or a generic equivalent, works better- less sugar, which just makes you jumpy, adn more water.

I usually cut my gatorade 50/50 with water...

A carryover from fencing where I found gatorade too sweet to drink during long tournaments, but needed the sugars and electrolytes to keep moving...

Easier to find than pedialyte too.

-w

drjeff

I usually cut my gatorade 50/50 with water...

A carryover from fencing where I found gatorade too sweet to drink during long tournaments, but needed the sugars and electrolytes to keep moving...

Easier to find than pedialyte too.

-w

Try either G50 - basically 1/2 the sugar as regular gatorade and still has all the electrolytes, or Powerade Zero - 0 calories and just basically flavored electrolyte infused water (I'm personally partial to their orange flavor :) )

WJenness

Try either G50 - basically 1/2 the sugar as regular gatorade and still has all the electrolytes, or Powerade Zero - 0 calories and just basically flavored electrolyte infused water (I'm personally partial to their orange flavor :) )

Interesting... I don't fence that much anymore... And the club generally just has regular Gatorade, but I'll keep it in mind.

-w

BeanoNYC

pedialyteflavor.jpg

aleve_10399_5_(tb)_.jpg

b-12_12940_4_(tb)_.jpg

grilled-cheese-sandwich.jpg

301212-Creamy-Tomato-soup.jpg

Last edited:

deadheadskier

Staff member

we switched to the low sugar Gatorade about a year ago. Love the Grape. Don't enjoy regular gatorade nearly as much as the lighter stuff.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I love that this thread keeps delivering! May need these tips again after celebrating the end of the 1st week of classes this Thurs. ;)

There's a less sugar, more natural version of a Gatorade-type drink but the name eludes me right now... I'm not a fan of the really sweet stuff normally either and rarely drink Gatorade, but Vitamin water could be useful. More tolerable. I found my ibuprofen, too, so I'll be prepared next time. ;)

Though seeing as I was queasy for 3 days after last time, who knows. The thought of liquor right now is still pretty unappealing...

jaywbigred

Fluid replacement 1st - I usually start with a sports drink (and if I had. Something still resembling coherence before I went to bed the night before I would have already put down most of a bottle of powerade/Gatorade then). Then once I've "improved" from a state where I feel like I might :puke: at any moment upto a state of just feeling like crap, then I know that I need to keep pushing the fluids and find something greasy to eat (a burger, burrito, bacon, etc) and for me the fluids + grease usually has me feeling human again

Thy being said, the previously mentioned "hair of the dog" got me through many a weekend in college - but now 20 years later, i'm just not sure my body could survive back to back "bad" nights anymore :rolleyes:

I love that this thread keeps delivering! May need these tips again after celebrating the end of the 1st week of classes this Thurs. ;)

There's a less sugar, more natural version of a Gatorade-type drink but the name eludes me right now... I'm not a fan of the really sweet stuff normally either and rarely drink Gatorade, but Vitamin water could be useful. More tolerable. I found my ibuprofen, too, so I'll be prepared next time. ;)

Though seeing as I was queasy for 3 days after last time, who knows. The thought of liquor right now is still pretty unappealing...

My hard-partying anesthesiologist friend claims water is mostly useless and will sometimes make you more nauseous. He says if you have all day, from a chemical standpoint, the best way is hair of the dog(s), bc what you are doing is really weening yourself away from the alcohol, slowly. So slowly sipping 3 drinks over the course of 6 hrs is the best way, but not always practical.

For a practical cure, he directs 1) sports drinks (specifically excluding Vitamin Water, unless they have electrolyte versions I haven't seen), and recommends cutting them with some water if its to sweet. 2) Ibuprofen. I prefer brand name Advil, I think it works better, but thats probably psychosomatic. 3) Caffeine. A lot of caffeine. 4) Whatever food you can stomach that will settle your stomach.

If you can get it, Alka Seltzer Wake-Up Call works well too. I think it is basically 1+2+3 (salts, ibuprofen, caffeine) in a single tablet. My friends all swear by it, but I get a little too jacked from the caffeine for some reason.