Will the Red Sox make the playoffs? - Page 2

AlpineZone

View Poll Results: Will the Red Sox make the playoffs?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, They'll win the division

1 3.13%
  • Yes, They'll win the wild card

2 6.25%
  • No

29 90.63%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    It's a pity all you Sox fans aren't in a position to enjoy the best pennant race in years!

Of course that's what eliminates any possibility of the wild card.

Dice K, Lackey, and Drew need to get the boot to open up some $$ for the bullpen and the offence for next year
    2016/2017 Days - 34 (inc. 10 BC)
    2015/2016 Days - 57 (inc. 2 BC)
    2014/2015 Days - 58
    2013/2014 Days - 47 (inc. 6 BC)

I'll tell you where. Someplace warm. A place where the beer flows like wine. Where beautiful women instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano. I'm talking about a little place called Aspen.

The Sox had some tough health issues...and they've done well with a Tripple A+ squad. Papi had a really tough start. (REALLY TOUGH). But with Pedroia and Ellsbury out...Cameron...Youkilis...and the others who "were" out for extended periods....I think they've done well enough.

The Rays and Yankees are playing well. The Rays didn't implode wih BJ Upton's issues earlier...and both teams have also survived their health issues.

The rest of the AL runner's up for the Wild Card are (last I checked)...not a threat.

Meh....tough season. Still a Sox fan. Glad we still have Mike Lowell for the rest of this year. Ardian Beltre has worked out well.

I won't be sad to see some movement this off-season of some of the heavy payroll guys who have not lived up to the challenge. But how many high-intensity guys can fit their heads in that dugout?

Its not looking good Red Sox fans. You are almost a lock for third place in the American league. Not bad.

Becket said he would not mind being the spoiler? What can he spoil?

Quote Originally Posted by tjf67 View Post
    Its not looking good Red Sox fans. You are almost a lock for third place in the American league. Not bad.

Becket said he would not mind being the spoiler? What can he spoil?
    With a $160 million payroll, it's a disaster. Until the young Tampa players start vanishing to big payroll teams, the Sox are a 3rd place team and out of the playoffs. NESN revenues are down 1/3. The corporate types and pink hats will stop buying those expensive Fenway tickets. I don't see Boston carrying that kind of payroll next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    With a $160 million payroll, it's a disaster. Until the young Tampa players start vanishing to big payroll teams, the Sox are a 3rd place team and out of the playoffs. NESN revenues are down 1/3. The corporate types and pink hats will stop buying those expensive Fenway tickets. I don't see Boston carrying that kind of payroll next year.
    Reminiscent of the Mets team a few years ago

2016/2017 Days - 34 (inc. 10 BC)
    2015/2016 Days - 57 (inc. 2 BC)
    2014/2015 Days - 58
    2013/2014 Days - 47 (inc. 6 BC)

I'll tell you where. Someplace warm. A place where the beer flows like wine. Where beautiful women instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano. I'm talking about a little place called Aspen.

Thread Information