• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Blue or Green...Just a poll

When viewing the site, which color do you prefer?

• Blue

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Green

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blue in winter and Green in summer

Votes: 11 42.3%
  • It really doesn't matter

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Could we try a new color (include suggestions)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

teachski

Website
teachski.com
Looking at the number of people that responded to the color scheme change, I decided to do a poll to see what members actually prefer.

hammer

riverc0il said:
since you can decide for yourself, doesn't much matter to me what any one else prefers :)
I voted for different colors, but I agree with riverc0il on this...to each his/her own...

I think what is bothering everyone is the fact that we changed to green so soon, but all Greg did was follow precedent.

Of course, we could have another poll to decide on what we'd like to have as the conditions for the color changes...but I think that would cause too much :argue:

Greg

Staff member
hammer said:
I think what is bothering everyone is the fact that we changed to green so soon, but all Greg did was follow precedent.
No kidding. It amazes how much folks talk about a simple color change when I do it each season. It's April, we're in DST, we've had some 70*F days, my grass is greening up. Seems appropriate to me. If we went by riverc0il's ski calendar, we'd be blue a good part of the year... ;) In any event, I play along and keep it green once I change it. It makes it that much sweeter when I change it back to blue in the fall...

bvibert

Staff member
Last year I would have said Blue, but this year I'm trying not to sweat it as much so I voted for "It really doesn't matter".

BTW, I'm still on blue here, but I think I may actually change it to green this year when I'm ready...

JimG.

Staff member
Mine is now permanently blue...

I think I've already mentioned that I hate green, no?

hammer

JimG. said:
Mine is now permanently blue...

I think I've already mentioned that I hate green, no?
No, please tell us again... :roll: ;-)

You have touched on the bottom line, though...have it your way...

teachski

Website
teachski.com
I also agree with Bob! Perhaps if the green were a more pleasant shade of green and if the header was also changed it would not be quite so bad. The green that is there is quite hard on the eyes.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Seems appropriate to me. If we went by riverc0il's ski calendar, we'd be blue a good part of the year...
i wouldn't expect any one to go by my calendar, but waiting until kmart closes might be an option. it's not like they stay open past may any more :lol: i dunno what you are taking about grass being green though greg, my grass is white!

Mike P.

I voted for blue in winter, blue in summer since we don't wait for 12/21 to go to Blue, I like the way Greg has been changing it.

Green, I like Green, warm weather, (okay red, orange, yellow leaves are prettier)
Green cash, (okay they've been adding more colors to that too)
Green grass, okay actually I don't care much for that, early in the season you have to cut it at least once a week, too much time from doing things I like doing. (I may pave it or I wonder if the neighbors will mind if we build a tennis court in the front - green of course.

Hey greg any fall colors?????

kcyanks1

I voted for blue all the time, but really it doesn't matter what Greg does, since we have the option of customizing it ourselves. Once I saw it change to green a couple days back it was depressing, but then I realized that when we had hte forum software switch I must not have updated all my preferences. So I fixed it, and was happy once again (well, kind of .. I need to ski more still!) :)