• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

7 years later

NYDrew

Extend my thanks to your son.

When Bush made his speech on March 19 of 2003, my son had been in the Persian Gulf since New Year's. The Marines that his ship carried to Iraq had been on the ground for a couple of months. The night that Bush gave his speech was one of the saddest nights of my life.

I wish tonight's speech would make me feel better, but it won't because of Afghanistan. They're even deploying Naval officers to that region. : (

dmc

Amen bro -----------These are the TRUE heroes !!

Indeed - and their families..

I know when both my Brother and his wife were deployed at the same time we all chipped in to take care of their boys... Wasn't easy..

Warp Daddy

Indeed - and their families..

I know when both my Brother and his wife were deployed at the same time we all chipped in to take care of their boys... Wasn't easy..

Man that's rough !! Mom and Dad both deployed at the same time that's a sacrifice that is a lot to expect . Good on you guys for stepping up to the plate