• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Word is pissing me the @#$% off!!

skiNEwhere

:uzi:

Dam bullets don't wanna align and the indent feature doesn't work, could microsoft help be anymore useless?

hammer

Ha. I run OO on Linux. MS Word is a superior product and I have more formatting issues with OO. Still the cheaper option by far and worth dealing with minor hassles. But I wouldn't recommend OO to someone having difficulty aligning bullets.
+1

I have OO on my netbook because I already have office on my desktop PC and I just need basic file editors for the netbook. So far OO is OK but I wouldn't pay for it.

Glenn

I use Office2007 @ work and 2010 @ home. I find them both pretty easy to use.

roark

It's like Word was developed by a different company. The way it works is different than any other M$ft product. I hate Word almost as much as Access.

SkiDork

It's like Word was developed by a different company. The way it works is different than any other M$ft product. I hate Word almost as much as Access.

I don't think any other MS products are WYSIWYG editors.

I agree though, the bullet/numbering indentation stuff can be maddening.

bvibert

Staff member
Watch the f-bombs please.

The paper clip is one of the first things that I turn off when I get a new computer. I do not like him, nor do I like the stupid dog when you try to do a search in Windows XP, he get's killed right away too...

dmc

Sometimes i get Docs from people that are SOOOOOOO F'd up that I put them into notepad to strip out all the MS Word stuff,copy and paste back into a fresh word doc and start over again with the formatting.

SkiDork

Sometimes i get Docs from people that are SOOOOOOO F'd up that I put them into notepad to strip out all the MS Word stuff,copy and paste back into a fresh word doc and start over again with the formatting.

I have to use word docs when we do DR drills. I simply cut the entire doc and paste it into my fave ascii editor: Context (freeware). I much prefer ascii documentation.

hammer

Anyone else use gVim as a text editor?

I hated vi when I first used it but it's the default editor on UNIX systems so I had to get used to it...but I'm fine with it now.