• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

US Tennis Open

deadheadskier

Staff member
Anyone else checking it out?

I've got a sporadic love affair with the game. I played for a bit when real young, 10 - 12 years old, then again 1 year on my high school JV team. :lol:

Recently picked the game back up again last year a bit, this year more and I find myself getting addicted to it.

The drawback to the sport is you need a partner to participate, which can be tough in adult life. The sport itself though is fantastic. I find myself wondering why it's as unpopular as it is.

It's a true mano a mano sport. I'm gonna drill this ball towards you, let's see if you can hit it back. Also a thinking game of angles, pace, deception. The speed in which the pros hit it make a Roger Clemens fastball look sluggish. The agility involved in moving around the court, the stamina to play what are often 3+hour 5 set matches.

underappreciated game IMO. I wish more of my friends played.

gmcunni

i've had a renewed interest as well, playing when young but never very good. My wife recently started playing so i'm getting back into now.

since i work from home i tend to leave the tv on as background noise and this week have had the Open on most of the day. today was brutal on the courts with the heat.