• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Easy Solar and Wind Power Installation

ski220

Now that I don't have a TV antenna on my chimney any more, why not a wind turbine?

tjf67

Great idea. Get a couple of these going around the house and may be we can put a few coal plants out of busines.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
This looks like a step in the right direction. It will still take 16 years to break even (based on the estimates provided and assuming energy costs don't rise, which they will, so perhaps more like 10+ years). I think solar panels on every house is a complete no brainer but it is only going to happen once fossil fuels get more expensive.

Puck it

This looks like a step in the right direction. It will still take 16 years to break even (based on the estimates provided and assuming energy costs don't rise, which they will, so perhaps more like 10+ years). I think solar panels on every house is a complete no brainer but it is only going to happen once fossil fuels get more expensive.

Just remember fossil fuels prices go up then everything goes up. Toursim would be highly affected. Ski slopes would be empty.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Just remember fossil fuels prices go up then everything goes up. Toursim would be highly affected. Ski slopes would be empty.
Eh. Its inevitable. The economy will eventually transition. More efficient but higher costing energy sources will become available but will be better than the alternative once fossil fuel supply gets low. The New England ski industry has more to fear from climate change than higher costs. Skiing has always been a high price activity and people will pay to do it if they get hooked. Decrease snow in the metro areas or make it harder for the feeder hills to make snow, that would hurt the industry far more than higher prices. IMO.

Puck it

Eh. Its inevitable. The economy will eventually transition. More efficient but higher costing energy sources will become available but will be better than the alternative once fossil fuel supply gets low. The New England ski industry has more to fear from climate change than higher costs. Skiing has always been a high price activity and people will pay to do it if they get hooked. Decrease snow in the metro areas or make it harder for the feeder hills to make snow, that would hurt the industry far more than higher prices. IMO.

True but there are ramifications to everything. That is all I was trying to say.