• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Adventureproof Pentax

legalskier

"Coldproof, shockproof, waterproof, and dustproof" camera. In case you're interested, I just spotted it on tigerdirect.com:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=6413883&sku=P925-1142

resize

gmcunni

lloyd braun

we looked at that Pentax but bought the Olympus stylus Tough 6020. same features but better user reviews.

READY FOR THE
GREAT OUTDOORS.
If you like to get out there and have fun, this is the camera for you. It’s rugged enough to handle whatever you can dish out, and smart enough to take incredible pictures while you’re doing it. Not only is it waterproof, freezeproof and shockproof, it’s packed with amazing technology like one-touch HD movie recording.

WATERPROOF (16FT.).
A revolutionary system of waterproof seals and gaskets keeps water out so you can take pictures as deep as 16 feet underwater.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SHOCKPROOF (5FT.).
Life can be tough, this camera is tougher. Rugged metal body and innovative shock-absorbing construction are designed to withstand a 5-foot drop, bump, or other mishap.
Freezeproof (14°F/-10°C).
Boldly enter that winter wonderland without worrying about your camera. The STYLUS TOUGH-6020 is winterized to perform at below-freezing temperatures.
DUAL IMAGE STABILIZATION.
Forget about blurry shots with this 2-in-1 anti-blur solution. Sensor-Shift Image Stabilization compensates for camera shake to keep your shots steady while Digital Image Stabilization captures crisp, clear images in any situation.
HD VIDEO 720P.
A simple, one-touch button allows you to record movies with amazing clarity in high-definition, right from your camera.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Just get a GoPro. You can use it as a 5MP underwater camera. No flash, view finder/lcd but takes pretty decent pics anyway. The video is pretty darn good also!

Rushski

I have a Pentax W90 and it has been very good so far... Even took a picture of a Brook Trout underwater that came out well other than the subject not holding still.

Key was that we nearly wrecked our old Panasonic on an ATV ride as it was crunching with dust as the lens extended/retracted. And that was being under a shirt.

The idea of not worrying about water (kayaking, fishing, general boating), dust (ATVing), shockproof (small drops, travel bumps) and of course being more freezeproof than a typical point-and-shoot digital.

Can't go wrong with the latest crop of "everything-proof" cameras. The Panasonic has the best ratings but is a littel slow focusing, same for the Olympus, a liitle quicket but lesser image quality for the Pentax and the Fuji is decent for the price.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I have a waterproof Pentax Optio W10. Has 3X zoom and 6MP.

It's 'okay'. I say this as someone who considers themselves a 'poor photographer'. I find my big issue for my purposes is the shutter speed is extremely slow.

wa-loaf

I have this camera and used it a bit in the water, the display started flaking out after a minute or so in the water. Pretty good otherwise, but I don't think I'll be submerging it much anymore. I do hope to use the HD video a lot this winter.