(For you Glenn): Product Review: BB Torch 9800 - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20
  1. #11
    So what your saying is that while the old BB was great at taking and posting pictures on AZ, the new BB (can we call it, BP) can take even better pictures and put even more of them on AZ.
    RIP Dynastar 63\'s. 11/O5-2/14/06


    She never graduated from any random high schools in Brooklyn, but she did belove to eat poop...She beloved that big pile of beloved cat poop...

  2. #12
    marcski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
    Posts
    4,575
    Quote Originally Posted by NYDrew View Post
    So what your saying is that while the old BB was great at taking and posting pictures on AZ, the new BB (can we call it, BP) can take even better pictures and put even more of them on AZ.
    Actually, my old BB was awful at taking pics (only 1.2 mp camera) and awful at posting on AZ (only edge network). The new one is much better at both.

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by marcski View Post
    Actually, my old BB was awful at taking pics (only 1.2 mp camera) and awful at posting on AZ (only edge network). The new one is much better at both.
    Oh, I see now. Let me try to put it hypothetically. Say your a town, perhaps in one of the LI Boroughs of NY, you are much happier now that you sent your old BB to Suffolk and are now better off being populated by spooks....I mean Phantoms.






    (so sorry for the slight racisim....it just works on this one all to well)
    RIP Dynastar 63\'s. 11/O5-2/14/06


    She never graduated from any random high schools in Brooklyn, but she did belove to eat poop...She beloved that big pile of beloved cat poop...

  4. #14
    Paul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    East Hampton, CT
    Posts
    3,900
    I have the BB 9700, 9800, new Pearl (forget the number) iPhone 2G, 3G and 4.0

    The Torch is by far, the heaviest.The OS takes some getting used to. The slide-out QWERTY is nice, but the touch-screen keyboard is that damn truncated one like the Pearl and it sucks balls. You'll use the slider.
    The iPhone still has the best touch-screen (most responsive, the 9800 can still be a bit sluggish) the 4.0 is thinner and lighter, and has a much improved camera, with flash. Yes, there is a major problem with the antenna, it sucks balls as well.

    The torch is cool, they load a shit-ton of gadgety apps into it. You'll spend more time getting rid of the crap, than anything else.
    The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson

  5. #15
    Nice insight Paul. It's always cool to hear from someone who has used multiple phones for a good side by side.

  6. #16
    marcski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
    Posts
    4,575
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    I have the BB 9700, 9800, new Pearl (forget the number) iPhone 2G, 3G and 4.0

    The Torch is by far, the heaviest.The OS takes some getting used to. The slide-out QWERTY is nice, but the touch-screen keyboard is that damn truncated one like the Pearl and it sucks balls. You'll use the slider.
    The iPhone still has the best touch-screen (most responsive, the 9800 can still be a bit sluggish) the 4.0 is thinner and lighter, and has a much improved camera, with flash. Yes, there is a major problem with the antenna, it sucks balls as well.

    The torch is cool, they load a shit-ton of gadgety apps into it. You'll spend more time getting rid of the crap, than anything else.
    Paul...the menu key has an option to show/hide keyboard or show reduced keyboard. With the torch in the horizontal position I am enjoying the touchscreen keyboard a lot and find it quite accurate. The vertical one is tiny with lots of typos.

    You have the 3G Pearl? How is it? What carrier??

  7. #17

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Southington, CT
    Posts
    9,792

    Thumbs down

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    I have the BB 9700, 9800, new Pearl (forget the number) iPhone 2G, 3G and 4.0

    The Torch is by far, the heaviest.The OS takes some getting used to. The slide-out QWERTY is nice, but the touch-screen keyboard is that damn truncated one like the Pearl and it sucks balls. You'll use the slider.
    The iPhone still has the best touch-screen (most responsive, the 9800 can still be a bit sluggish) the 4.0 is thinner and lighter, and has a much improved camera, with flash. Yes, there is a major problem with the antenna, it sucks balls as well.

    The torch is cool, they load a shit-ton of gadgety apps into it. You'll spend more time getting rid of the crap, than anything else.
    How about the HTC phones, any opinion on them?
    2009/2010 - 28

    2009 mtb-19 rides- 113.58 miles

    2008/09 - 33

  8. #18

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Southington, CT
    Posts
    9,792
    Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    I probably use my BB to 10% it's capability and am not into to tech devices.
    That was me when I had my BB, used it for phone calls, email and some web surfing. Now that I got an Android phone my data and app useage is probably up 1000%
    2009/2010 - 28

    2009 mtb-19 rides- 113.58 miles

    2008/09 - 33

  9. #19
    marcski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
    Posts
    4,575
    Quote Originally Posted by o3jeff View Post
    That was me when I had my BB, used it for phone calls, email and some web surfing. Now that I got an Android phone my data and app useage is probably up 1000%
    Interesting Jeff. Can I ask what types of Apps you are using on your Android based phone? I am just not sure that I use them that often...

  10. #20

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Southington, CT
    Posts
    9,792
    Quote Originally Posted by marcski View Post
    Interesting Jeff. Can I ask what types of Apps you are using on your Android based phone? I am just not sure that I use them that often...
    Pandora is pretty much on all day at work, runkeeper for walks/hikes, google skymaps is pretty fun, numerous stupid games, cloudlist grocery and overall the ease and speed of the internet on the HTC/andorid is pretty awesome.

    2009/2010 - 28

    2009 mtb-19 rides- 113.58 miles

    2008/09 - 33

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 7:50 AM.