• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bradbury 9/5

BackLoafRiver

Got out for my first ride in just under a week today at Bradbury. With the heat topping out at 98 this week (with epic humidity) I decided to hold off. Today was stellar! 75 degrees, light winds, gorgeous skies....the perfect riding day.

Got to the lot around 3:45 which was ABSOLUTELY packed. Most cars I have seen all summer.

Threw on the shoes and hit the trail around 4:00.

Rode what I have decided is my new loop when I am on a schedule...

Knights Woods -> O Extension -> Link -> Unnamed Singletrack -> Lanzo -> Island Loop -> Ginn -> Link -> Another section of unmapped singletrack -> Fox East -> Done.

7 miles overall. Felt pretty slow but that was due to a fall on Island Loop. The only body damage was my pride but I bent the $h!t out of my rear derailleur.(the hanger is bent and so is the cage) I got it out of my rear spokes so I could get back to the car. I am worried that it is going to run me at least $200 to replace. (which would suck since it isn't my bike....stupid loaner)

Sigh....