• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

youtube embedding

legalskier

I'm following AZ's instructions (I think), but the button to embed youtube vids isn't doing it. Can someone walk me through it please? Thanks.....

gmcunni

I'm following AZ's instructions (I think), but the button to embed youtube vids isn't doing it. Can someone walk me through it please? Thanks.....

find your video of choice on YouTube
--> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuPQRXaF02Q

grab the video ID TAG ( the part after the V=), in my case YuPQRXaF02Q

NOTE 1 - sometime you will see a "&" with additional code, i usually drop that stuff off. it is used to set high def and other features.

to embed you type "[ y o u t u b e ]YuPQRXaF02Q[/ y o u t u b e ] (but without the spaces)

you can do the same by hitting the Youtube button on the tool bar if you are in advanced mode.

NOTE 2- some videos on YouTube cannot be embedded, the owner has an option to disallow it. it will look fine until you try to play and then you get an error

legalskier

So that's all there is to it? Thanks.

I just did it, piece of cake when you know how.... :beer:

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
What about in mobile version ???? Sev posted an embedded youtube video and it didn't show up at all in the mobile version. The mobile version should at least post a link to the youtube video....

Is there a way to tweak the mobile version of the site....to get more functions?