• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sunrise Photos

Zand

Too bad I didn't have a camera at Wawa on February 25th. I might've been able to have caught the only ever "skiing during sunrise" photo. Oh well.

kbroderick

Got a few

...the better ones are attached. Views are of Mansfield, the Winooski River as it flows in the vicinity of Waterbury, and Camel's Hump (albeit not necessarily in that order). I'd like to get some more sunrise photos, but the sun is just coming up too friggin' soon at this point.

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com
Here are my favorites

Love those sunrise photos. The one of Camels Hump is gorgeous.

#1- the moon was exposed the night before. I was actually waiting for firstlight to happen on the Tetons when I heard the moose enter the water to my right. I changed lens and hoped for the best.
#2- the shot my camera was originally pointed at. This image was shot at a diferent date, same place as #1. It's a very popular photo opp and went there often to photograph.
#3 was shot from Teton Village just as the sun was coming up over the Gros Ventre Range. It was -50F so the moisture produced by the Snake River was zillions of tiny ice crystals which formed the Sundog. It's just another type of rainbow.