• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Nass RAW - 9/9/10

bvibert

Staff member
Met up with Woodcore for a nice pedal around the woods of Nass. The weather was overcast, but otherwise nice and cool. I hadn't been out much for over a week, so I wasn't sure what to expect from my legs. I actually felt fine throughout the whole ride, it probably helped that we didn't do much climbing. Today is a somewhat different story as my legs are pretty tired and sore. That'll teach me for blowing off a couple of days of riding over the weekend...

Anyway, we did a pretty mellow loop that came in at about 8.8 miles. Jug>Scoville twisties>4 way>Truck>B-street>Sessions>Across 69>DLRP by-pass>fire road>Stony Hill Rd>2 Bears (in reverse)>High road>Cemetery twisties>Done.

Everything was riding nicely, but we were delayed a bit by 1.5 flats. The overcast sky made for some bad lighting even when it was that late, and by the time we got to the last part of the cemetery it was downright hard to see. If I had to go much further I would have been pulling out the light for sue!