• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Facebook

powhunter

In case some of you cats were wondering why im not on facebook anymore....An old GF sent me a message and my girlfriend read it. Anyways she broke my balls about it for 4 straight days...Just wasnt worth the BS...So I deleted it...Yea Im PW'd !!

steveo

bvibert

Staff member
And here I thought you just didn't like me anymore.

Seriously, that sucks! Might as well hand over you balls now if you haven't already.. ;-)

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
I have a few ex-girlfriends on there, I'm actually a little surprised that one of them has been well behaved.

legalskier

In case some of you cats were wondering why im not on facebook anymore....An old GF sent me a message and my girlfriend read it. Anyways she broke my balls about it for 4 straight days...Just wasnt worth the BS...So I deleted it...Yea Im PW'd !!

Better than someone breaking into your house I suppose:

Burglary ring targets Facebook users in New Hampshire
(NECN) - Here's another reason to watch what you post on Facebook.
Police in Nashua, New Hampshire say they've busted a burglary ring in which the suspects targeted Facebook users.Police say they recovered more than $100,000 worth of property, allegedly stolen by three men.In all there were more than 50 break-ins. Police say the thieves targeted people who posted their locations on their Facebook profiles. They started striking when the users weren't home.
Facebook released the following statement: “We’ve been in contact with the Nashua police, and they confirmed that they while they have an ongoing investigation and have already made a number of arrests, the only Facebook link was that one of those arrested had a Facebook friend who posted about leaving town in the near future (which is why they believe that home was targeted) and it had nothing to do with Facebook Places. The police confirmed that the other burglaries had nothing to do with Facebook altogether.”

http://www.necn.com/09/10/10/Burgla...206&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

wa-loaf

Um, why didn't you just ditch the ex girlfriend? Seems easier the canceling the acct and then posting about here?

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
People can send messages whether or not they're your friends on FB (unless you have that option turned off but then you risk losing out on hearing from someone you may actually want to hear from). So, even if she wasn't on his friends list, she still could send him messages.

MR. evil

People can send messages whether or not they're your friends on FB (unless you have that option turned off but then you risk losing out on hearing from someone you may actually want to hear from). So, even if she wasn't on his friends list, she still could send him messages.

I'm not on FB, but I seem to recall Randi telling me you can block someone from seeing your page or sending you messages.

BeanoNYC

I'll block you Sev...you let me know. ;)

As a high school teacher I say with confidence that you can completely block a person. If you don't want something that severe you can have your searchable profile to exclude messaging. I actually have set up a sequestered group of friends called former students. If a graduate wants to be my friend I drop them into that group. It's glorified e-mail. They can see any pictures that I want them to see. They never see any pictures that I am tagged in. They can't comment on my photos or post on my wall. It's the best of both worlds. I can keep in touch, but keep my distance.

dmc

I separate people into "lists" - Like work,family,etc...

So I can limit who see's certain FB posts...

o3jeff

I love when people claim they are not on Facebook. Then you find their profile they have so they can stalk people and they still deny it.

Not saying this applys to you Mr. Evil

Actually someone on the forum here made that page for him as a joke!

Hawkshot99

Actually someone on the forum here made that page for him as a joke!

I found a girlfriend of a friend on Facebook. She argued strongly that she didnt have one, but was using it to watch her boyfriend. She wasnt happy when called out on it.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
I couldn't resist...

FB1.png