• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bradbury 9/11

BackLoafRiver

Another gorgeous day to get out and ride here in Maine. Was scheduled to meet up with a friend but he had to cancel due to some life issues. Pisser. He missed a great day but I understand.

I got my bike back from the shop Thursday. (in the pouring rain) All is well. Check the Daamge Report thread for more.

Got to the park at 11:45. Normally there is a $3 fee to enter. I decided I would buy my 2011 seasons pass now for $35 and it will run for the rest of the year. I will easily use up that $35 before ski season starts. :beer:

The lot was jammed again. It was trail volunteer day and they were prepping for a 12 mile trail race they host tomorrow. That being said, I only ran into 1 family the whole time I was riding.

Decided to ride a different loop than normal. Went: Knights Woods -> "Crazy Bitch Twisities" ( I dubbed them that because it seems no matter what playlist I am on, Crazy Bitch comes on right as I hit the same part of the trail..plus it has no trail name) -> A new section that is also unnamed -> Link -> Fox West -> Lanzo -> Ragan -> Ginn -> Unmarked trail -> Link -> Fox East -> Fox West Extension -> Done.

The more I ride at Bradbury, the more unlabeled stuff I find. And it is damn good. Save Fox East (which is my favorite trail) I would say the "hidden" stuff is the best riding there, and that says a ton.

The slight rain in the past week helped the trails pack down a bit. Everything was dry and FAST. Only had one minor spill coming up a rooty section. I popped my front wheel and was ejected from the saddle while still clipped in. Ouch. Minor bruises.

All in all I ended up with just under 9 miles. Beautiful day. Here are some random pics:

The mini-climb on the new section. Red flags are for the race held tomorrow:

DSC01320.jpg

Pretty sweet fast corner:
DSC01321.jpg

Fun bridge on the new section of trail. Nothing super tech but it is probably the longest bridge at the park.

DSC01322.jpg

The Monument:

DSC01323.jpg

Someone is getting creative at the beginning of Lanzo:

DSC01325.jpg

The Bridge on Ragan:

DSC01326.jpg

Neat little trail to bypass a water area:

DSC01328.jpg

One of my favorite sections of Fox East:

DSC01329.jpg