Strange phone call

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1

    Strange phone call

    So I just got a call on my home phone from a CT area code. The guy asked for my wife by her first name. I offered to take a message. He then inquired if she was the one who "worked the poles" on election day .



    Should I be concerned?

  2. #2
    thetrailboss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    NEK by Birth; Alta/Snowbird by Choice
    Posts
    26,271
    Items for Sale
    Sounds interesting.

    On a serious note, is your wife an election official or someone who was at the polling place supervising the elections?
    Live, Ski, or Die!


  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post
    Sounds interesting.

    On a serious note, is your wife an election official or someone who was at the polling place supervising the elections?
    Nope. He acted like he was calling anyone in North Sutton, NH with the same first name as my wife, in hopes of finding the person he met when he was here voting.

    That makes no sense at all.

    I'll go with the cougar picking up a college kid scenario.

  4. #4
    bvibert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Torrington, CT
    Posts
    30,385
    Uh... that's a little strange indeed...
    Brian

  5. #5
    Sorry about that. Wrong number.
    "The trouble with internet quotations is that they're often impossible to verify."
    -Aristotle

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by ctenidae View Post
    Sorry about that. Wrong number.
    I was waiting for that.

  7. #7
    star 69 him and say you're Todd Palin

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by powbmps View Post
    So I just got a call on my home phone from a CT area code. The guy asked for my wife by her first name. I offered to take a message. He then inquired if she was the one who "worked the poles" on election day .

    Should I be concerned?
    I think 2knees works "the poles" maybe it was him

    steveo

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by powbmps View Post
    I was waiting for that.
    Happy to oblige.




    /random warning- do not do a Google image search for "happy to oblige" while at work with "SafeSearch" turned off.
    "The trouble with internet quotations is that they're often impossible to verify."
    -Aristotle

  10. #10
    mondeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    E. Hartford, CT
    Posts
    4,431
    I'm guessing he was an inept member of the Russian mob who actually just tipped you off to your wife suppressing the Polish vote.

    Quote Originally Posted by ctenidae View Post
    /random enticement- do a Google image search for "happy to oblige" while at home with "SafeSearch" turned off.
    FlFY
    2009-2010:
    Killington: 11/7, 11/21, 12/5, 12/6, 12/10, 12/12, 12/13, 12/22, 12/23, 1/1, 1/2, 1/9, 1/10, 1/23, 1/24 (15)

    Ski Sundown: 12/18, 12/19, 12/20, 12/24, 12/30, 1/3, 1/4, 1/5, 1/6, 1/7, 1/8, 1/11 - 1/22, 1/26-1/30 (27)
    EH XC: 12/21 (1)
    WNY XC/NELSAP BC: 12/29 (1)

    Total: 44

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 8:08 PM.