Lawrence Maroney Jerseys....cheap?

AlpineZone

Lawrence Maroney Jerseys....cheap?

Too bad it didn't work out for Maroney here. I wonder if Randy Moss took notice?

I think the Moss issue will resolve soon enough...one way or another. I'm tthinking he stays.

I'm no Maroney fan, but it's a risky move. Fred Taylor and Sammy Morris will both miss time. The Law Firm has always impressed me. I've always wondered why he hasn't gotten more touches. He's not a threat to bust out a 50 yard TD run, but he hits the whole with power and conviction and generally doesn't lose yardage.

Nobody knows what was happening with him off the football field. There could be other reasons why they unloaded him for a relatively low draft pick. At $800K/year, it's not like they needed to dump his salary.

A roster space?

First round pick five years ago. Time to cut their losses!
    Dyslexics Have More Nuf !

I've been digging into this. Moroney was in his 5th year. At the end of the season, he's an unrestricted free agent. The Pats would get nothing for him if he signed with another team. A 4th round pick from a team that is unlikely to break .500 for a player who is going to sit on the bench is better than nothing.

Maroney is such an interesting situation. *When* he's healthy(and that's been a BIG issue throughout his career), he's so deceptively quick side to side that he really suprises folks whn he can just flat out run someone over going straight at them. He's a good blocker and has a good set of hands to. But, he's got the rep as a guy that both gets injurred easy and doesn't play well when hurt.

Right now atleast with a healthy Taylor, Morris, "Law firm" and Faulk, not to mention what could very well be the Pats main "running" plan - quick dump passes from Brady to whatever receiver he wants, Maroney became expendable in the business of Patriot footall. This Pats fan is a bit sad to see him go, since when he was healthy and on, Maroney was one of the best backs to wear a Patriots jersey in a number of years, and it won't suprise me at all when he has some big games for the Broncos, but them also ends up with his name on the IR list
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days '07-'17 seasons: 515 Days

Always living in the past. Shouldn't your team at least be able to make the playoffs?

Thread Information