• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

I'm going to Afghanistan

skiNEwhere

I got a lucrative job offer than I've been waiting for for a while. I'm dropping out of school, and should be there sometime next month

legalskier

Can dmc come to visit?
Seriously, good luck and Godspeed. Don't forget to send back some TRs!

dmc

Can dmc come to visit?

:???: Where'd that come from?

you laugh - but - I'd love to.. My friend is an Army Ranger and spent a while up in the mountains - eye'd up some sweet lines... Even got to do a little avi control.. Said the people were awesome - food was good..

dmc

I got a lucrative job offer than I've been waiting for for a while. I'm dropping out of school, and should be there sometime next month

Do it!! I had an offer for Iraq a couple years ago - insane cash! Could probably work a year there and take 2 off...

snoseek

Uhhhh wait.....Aren't there huge mountain and tons of snow falls on them? Is it even possible to ski anywhere in that area safely? There must be a way.

bigbog

...Would certainly make for an ambitious & adventurous AZ Summit, but obtaining transportation, without DOD orders......a signature by Highway Star miight land us all in jail.

Stay safe and save those paychecks skiNEwhere....

Last edited:

dmc

...Would certainly make for an ambitious & adventurous AZ Summit, but obtaining transportation, without DOD orders.......

I don't think you need DOD orders for Afghanistan..

there's actually tourism happening there.. mostly to see the site where the Taliban blew up the giant Buddha..

Moe Ghoul

Uhhhh wait.....Aren't there huge mountain and tons of snow falls on them? Is it even possible to ski anywhere in that area safely? There must be a way.

Tons of snow is necessary to set off or avoid setting off landmines. Otherwise, the whole country smells like ass and looks like the moon. Keep the safety off. PS. There's still a 25 mil bounty on OBL, now that's tempting. :uzi:

snoseek

Tons of snow is necessary to set off or avoid setting off landmines. Otherwise, the whole country smells like ass and looks like the moon. Keep the safety off. PS. There's still a 25 mil bounty on OBL, now that's tempting. :uzi:

I am so fucking glad my service was done during peacetime!!!!!!!!!!