Fried Beer?

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fried Beer?

Exclamation Fried Beer?

Miracles do happen. Maybe this can be served at Jay- Stateside...

Texas Chef Successfully Deep-Fries...Beer!

I sincerely hope the committee that hands out Nobel Prizes in the science fields have taken notice of one Texas chef who recently achieved a gastronomical breakthrough: deep-fried beer.

That’s right. According to this report: The beer is placed inside a pocket of salty, pretzel-like dough and then dunked in oil at 375 degrees for about 20 seconds, a short enough time for the confection to remain alcoholic. When diners take a bite the hot beer mixes with the dough in what is claimed to be a delicious taste sensation.

Inventor Mark Zable said it had taken him three years to come up with the cooking method and a patent for the process is pending. He declined to say whether any special ingredients were involved.

Zable will introduce the dish at a fried-food competition in Texas later this month. He’ll serve five of the ravioli-like bites for a very modest $5. If any of our Texas readers plan on attending this food festival, please report back to the Wild Chef (fswildchef@gmail.com) and let us know how they tasted.

This dish sounds like the perfect hunting camp side dish. But the question is, what wild game do you think it’d go best with? I’m thinking it’d taste mighty fine next to a slab of grilled backstrap. Any other suggestions? —Colin Kearns

http://www.fieldandstream.com/blogs/...deep-friesbeer

Serve that up with a side of bacon and you very well may have the ultimate culinary experience there!
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days '07-'17 seasons: 515 Days

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    Serve that up with a side of bacon and you very well may have the ultimate culinary experience there!
    Deep fried bacon?
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    Deep fried bacon?
    wrap the beer dough in bacon, and fry it all together, I say.
    "The trouble with internet quotations is that they're often impossible to verify."
    -Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by ctenidae View Post
    wrap the beer dough in bacon, and fry it all together, I say.
    Brian

Couldn't you just eat a regular doughy pretzel with beer? And maybe some bacon?
    I ski double black diamonds.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Where's the fun in that??

I could also just listen to my old tapes from the 90's instead of going out to see my friend perform those same songs live...
    Brian

I could also just listen to my old tapes from the 90's instead of going out to see my friend perform those same songs live...
    Touche`!
    "Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own." ~ Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    While a good idea in the absence of a frier, you're missin gteh point. It's beer, and pretzel, and bacon, fried. Champion!
    "The trouble with internet quotations is that they're often impossible to verify."
    -Aristotle

Where's the fun in that??

Did I just get owned?
    I ski double black diamonds.

Thread Information