• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ken Block rides again

mondeo

I sure saw 3 pedels in that car.
I'm guessing they keep the traditional system in place for backup purposes during rallys, but he was definately using paddle shifters, and the shifting sounds were definately from automatic actuation.

ctenidae

Funny how they did the front end up to look like an Aston Martin.
Love the ending.
That boy can drive.

Chris Sullivan

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
I noticed the three pedal set up as well. I was guessing that the car was set up to brake steer. (like a lot of tractors are) It would explain the high speed 180’s.

bvibert

Staff member
I noticed the three pedal set up as well. I was guessing that the car was set up to brake steer. (like a lot of tractors are) It would explain the high speed 180’s.

I'd be surprised by that. I think the 180's and other crazy turns are induced by liberal application of the e-brake.

campgottagopee

My understanding for the 3 pedals is so he can stop and start w/o beating the tranny up...someting about straight cut gears....one of you eggineers should be able to explain.

bvibert

Staff member
I don't see how that can be any fun. He wasn't using a stick and three pedals.

Yeah, but at least he has a cool e-brake lever to play with...

BTW, Mr. smarty pants, driving around like that != normal street driving for most people (though I come close sometimes). :eek:

I'm sure driving that car around on a course like that anywhere near those kinds of speeds would be plenty of fun without the use of the clutch... That doesn't mean I don't prefer having a clutch for the kind of driving that I do.

deadheadskier

Staff member
impressive driving

though I have to say, I find 'Fast and Furious' type cars to be almost as annoying as Harleys with straight pipes.

mondeo

impressive driving

though I have to say, I find 'Fast and Furious' type cars to be almost as annoying as Harleys with straight pipes.
And you don't have to even worry about being guilty by association.

STIs and Evos don't sound like that. Idiots who care about looking fast more than going fast do that to cars. But that Fiesta sounds like neither. That sounds like a race car. Because it is.

deadheadskier

Staff member
And you don't have to even worry about being guilty by association.

STIs and Evos don't sound like that. Idiots who care about looking fast more than going fast do that to cars. But that Fiesta sounds like neither. That sounds like a race car. Because it is.

oh no doubt. up by me, the NH hicks add those stupid bafflers and ridiculous looking spoilers to their Chevy Cobalts. :)

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
That was pretty darn cool! I am no car guy so for me to find a car video worth sitting through for 7 minutes AND appreciating it is saying something. Heck, that was any chase scene in a movie I have ever seen. The Segway scene was awesome. That Segway driver has more balls than Ken Block.