• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bradbury 9/16

BackLoafRiver

Got out for a very brief RAW yesterday at Bradbury. I only had an hour total to ride in order to make the concert we had tickets for.

Rode a new-ish loop. I tried to incorporate the fun stuff I loved but knew I had to omit things.

Did: Knights woods -> "O" trail extension -> "The basin" (I named it since it isn't on the map and there is this old broken down basin on the side) counterclockwise-> Random unnamed -> Link -> Ginn (counterclockwise) -> Ragan -> Lanzo -> done.

This loop left off Fox East and West which I absolutely love. The random unnamed trail is wonderful. Has a great bridge on it and lots of fast turns. "The basin" trail counterclockwise allows you to hit this roller:
IMG_20100916_162551.jpg

which doesn't look like much but it is fun as hell. The exit is kinda tricky. I opted to jump the big root. Felt great!!! My first time riding it that way and I think I will continue to do it in that order.

All in all, around 6.5 miles in an hour. Not a fast pace but enjoyable none the less.

bvibert

Staff member
It's funny how pictures usually fail to capture the awesomeness of most features on a trail... :???:

Riverskier

I wanted to ride there tomorrow, but remembered about the Bradbury 12 hour race with 300 riders. Maybe Sunday. So good to be back on my bike!

BackLoafRiver

Thanks for the heads up on the 12 hour challenge. I WAS heading there in the a.m. Looks like it's going to be Sunday for me as well.