• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Paris-Roubaix?

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Where was Team Discovery for this race?

Just Roger Hammond and Matthew White in the finishing 115? What's the deal?

Where was Hincapie? Anyone know anything about this?

I think this one is televised this Sunday on OLN. I'll be watching for sure.

Charlie Schuessler

Two Discovery riders were disqualified (one of them finished 2nd) for riding around a closed railroad crossing and George fell twice resulting in breaking the stearing stem (possibly a bogus Bontrager part) eventually knocking him out of the race injured. The team stated he will be ready to race again in June ready to compete in the tour.

freeheelwilly

Marc said:
Where was Team Discovery for this race?

Just Roger Hammond and Matthew White in the finishing 115? What's the deal?

Where was Hincapie? Anyone know anything about this?

I think this one is televised this Sunday on OLN. I'll be watching for sure.

Dude, not to pick on you, but how could you start this thread (demonstrating a knowledge of, and interest in, this most classic of Spring Classics) and not know about the controversial DQs at the grade crossing and Hincapie's major mechanical? Something just doesn't compute.

Go here and start watchin'.:beer:

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
freeheelwilly said:
Dude, not to pick on you, but how could you start this thread (demonstrating a knowledge of, and interest in, this most classic of Spring Classics) and not know about the controversial DQs at the grade crossing and Hincapie's major mechanical? Something just doesn't compute.

Go here and start watchin'.:beer:

Don't worry about picking on me. The explanation is I am an on/off follower of pro cycling, but usually get to caught up in my own cycling to be on the ball all the time.

I looked at the results on the UCI website and figured this would be easier to find information than looking it up myself. Plus it would start a discussion.

Besides, I've got the TV watching thing covered, when I'm around to watch it- you must have missed this thread started by me- http://forums.alpinezone.com/7902-cyclism-sundays-oln.html

;)