• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Try and Stump the Askinator

wa-loaf

Got Chewbacca, missed Scott Schmitt, although it gave me Glen Plake this time.

WakeboardMom

Got Dirk Diggler first try. After 3 attempts, still didn't get Betty Smith, author of A Tree Grows in Brooklyn. However, his first guess was Harper Lee, author of another of my favorite books, To Kill a Mockingbird.

gmcunni

master chief (character from Halo video game)
bugs bunny
Annette Funicello

all on the first guess

ctenidae

Went through it answering as someone I'd like to have dinner with. Came up with Chuck Yeager, which isn't entirely innacurate.

Greg

Staff member
Airwolf. :lol: First try.

Greg

Staff member
I was thinking Bill from Bill and Ted's and it guessed Ted....

Greg

Staff member
Sunffleupagus, first try and the questions were pretty vague... :lol:

legalskier

I tried to ask whether he is offended that this thread calls him the "Askinator." No response, so I guess he's cool with it.

Greg

Staff member
Apollo Creed, Thunderlips and Clubber Lang - all first try.

NYDrew

Little Drew where the sun don't shine....he got it first try!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Really!

Genie From Aladdin..first try

Beavis...first try

Ba'al from Stargate...second try, first try Micheal from Stargate.

Last edited:

wa-loaf

Got Reinhold Messner and I didn't think he was going that way with the questions.

jaywbigred

Got Martin Brodeur, Will Hunting, and Bob Vance (Vance Refrigeration), Brutus the Buckeye, Shane Botwin (Weeds), and Silvio Dante (second guess; first guess was Paulie Walnuts), Earl (from Toe Jam and Earl...third guess...first was some dragon video game, second was Toe Jam!)

Did not get Beverly D'angelo (was in database but Bo Derek, other 80s hotties were guesses), A.J. Kitt (Kevin Pearce, Bode Miller), Snots the dog (Sam from I am Legend; Rin Tin Tin), Dexter Rutecki (not close), Ezra Cornell (was in database but guessed Oliver Wendell Holmes, Henry David Thoreau), Felix Frankfurter (Clarence Darrow, Oliver Wendell Holmes), Tom Kite (Arnold Palmer, Tom Watson), Chris Terreri (Mike Richter, Ed Belfour, Tony LaRussa), Jack White (M. Ward, the guy from Xiu Xiu, the guy from Okkervil River)

Riverskier

Wow, it got Peter Steele the lead singer of Type O Negative. My favorite band of all time, but one most people have never even heard of.