• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

First Album you remember

wa-loaf

The one that really sticks out is:
Pink-Floyd-The-Wall-25th-Anniversary-Deluxe-Edition-B0006ZE7G2-L.jpg

Dr Skimeister

Damn you are all CHILDREN :D:D Ever hear of Bill Haley and the Comets -- the FIRST REAL Rock n' Rollers -- these guys were B4 Elvis--- I met them in person and had their album They were in the flicks too in the mid 50's -- when Ole Warp was a baby :D

My Dad had an original issue 78 RPM of "Rock Around The Clock" that we played when I was a kid. Having no sense of the worth of it, either in it's sentimental or dollar value, it got trashed being tossed like a frisbee.

Pretty sure that's the first record released with electric guitar on it.

wa-loaf

Damn you are all CHILDREN :D:D Ever hear of Bill Haley and the Comets -- the FIRST REAL Rock n' Rollers -- these guys were B4 Elvis--- I met them in person and had their album They were in the flicks too in the mid 50's -- when Ole Warp was a baby :D

haha, next you'll be telling us to get off your lawn! :lol:

Warp Daddy

My Dad had an original issue 78 RPM of "Rock Around The Clock" that we played when I was a kid. Having no sense of the worth of it, either in it's sentimental or dollar value, it got trashed being tossed like a frisbee.

OH Man that's nasty . Haley was a huge star then Elvis came on the scene and the WHOLE Paradigm shifted . it was almost like when the Beatles hit the scene . Haley WAS HUGE and palyed all over thge world . A funny looking dude with outrageous spit curl _LMAO

Dr Skimeister

OH Man that's nasty . Haley was a huge star then Elvis came on the scene and the WHOLE Paradigm shifted . it was almost like when the Beatles hit the scene . Haley WAS HUGE and palyed all over thge world . A funny looking dude with outrageous spit curl _LMAO

BillHaley.jpg

Greg

Staff member
I think my first tape was Bon Jovi's New Jersey. First CD was GNR UYI 1.

Those were the good ole' days of being a poor early teen digging through the second hand tapes at the local used shop. Didn't take me long to realize that I could get three used tapes for the price of one new one!

I thought it was pretty cool when cassettes went clear. :lol: First CD was Van Halen - For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge. I got a portable Sanyo CD player when I graduated high school in '91. I thought it was pretty cool too!

mondeo

I thought it was pretty cool when cassettes went clear. :lol: First CD was Van Halen - For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge. I got a portable Sanyo CD player when I graduated high school in '91. I thought it was pretty cool too!
That and OU812 were also in my tape collection, though I think they were a couple of the later additions.

4aprice

I'll show my age. The 1st 45 I ever saw and heard was I wanna hold your hand. Still remember my facination with the orange and yellow Captial Records (think it was Capital) label in the center. My first album was a hits collection from some radio station (WRKO?). Remember such songs as Abraham, Martin and John and You've lost that Lovin Feelin.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

dmc

Spike Jones and the City Slickers. Back in 66.
First album I bought was Eagles. Hotel California

bigbog

I hear ya' Warp..... Never heard answer to bought or listened to? Was starting to learn trumpet in 3rd grade and parents just bought stereo system(pieces of furniture back then) = bought me a studio band(marching) record...heavy duty marching band stuff..lol.
Think they also picked out one by The Brothers Four...who used to kind of sanitize, with trained voices, some stuff that Bob Dylan was writing. Think my first purchased was another Brothers Four..
wa-loaf said:
...haha, next you'll be telling us to get off your lawn!
..LOL, LOL...

$.01

Last edited:

jaywbigred

The first music I listened to were mixes my Dad made of the Beatles, the Beach Boys, and CSN&Y.

First albums (tapes) I ever owned were gifts from my best friend in 1st grade ('86): Poison - Look What the Cat Dragged In; and the Soundtrack to the Motion Picture "Cocktail".

First tape I ever bought - wow I have no idea.

Didn't get a CD player until 7th grade and the first CD I bought was Megadeth - Countdown to Destruction.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
This one is gonna make you all chuckle. The 1st album I ever purchased:

The_Partridge_Family_Album.jpg

I really AM a dork!!!

Dork #2 here. I couldn't decide between the Monkees and the Beatles. Then again, I was about 10 at the time.

BUT, my first 45 was "I Love You" by the Zombies.

BUT we are off topic. The first album you remember was the thread topic. In that case, it was some of the stuff my parents listened to - Mitch Miller (man I loved that bouncing ball on the B&W TV!), Gene Autry, Bing Crosby.