• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

First Album you remember

Greg

Staff member
I think the first album that I remember was Freeze Frame. I also remember when Back in Black was popular, but I don't think I was allowed to listen to it because people then thought AC/DC stood for "Anti-Christ, Devil's Children". :lol:

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
I think my first tape was Bon Jovi's New Jersey. First CD was GNR UYI 1.

Those were the good ole' days of being a poor early teen digging through the second hand tapes at the local used shop. Didn't take me long to realize that I could get three used tapes for the price of one new one!

deadheadskier

Staff member
earliest memories of music was with my father. He used to get pretty lit up and dance with me in the Living Room with my feet on his toes while holding my hands. Late 70s, early 80s. He was a big Bob Seagar fan, Village People, the Eagles.

I think the first album I 'owned' was an Aerosmith album due to an influential older cousin. My music tastes were heavily influenced by my older brother and cousins. Pretty much skipped Top 40 my whole life. Guns n Roses being the one exception because they totally kicked ass. As early as kindergarten in 1981 I was listening to Aerosmith, the Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Rolling Stones, the Who. I got introduced to the Grateful Dead when I was 9 years old in 1984. They've been my favorite band ever since.

hammer

First one I remember is Boston...the school bus had an 8-track tape and we listened to it on the way to school. I remember that by brother had a number of ELO tapes and I think he also listened to the Rolling Stones and Jethro Tull.

A few cassette tapes that I had as a teen include Cheap Trick at Budokan, Pink Floyd's The Wall and AC/DC Back in Black. Think I had Eagles Greatest Hits as well. I joined one of those music clubs so I had a decent number of tapes...some forgettable. Growing up in NJ there were a lot of people who were into Bruce Springsteen.

I also had a few Queen tapes...the band was and is still one of my favorites.

gorgonzola

bad comapny straight shooter
shooter_cover.jpg

WJenness

Bon Jovi - Slippery When Wet...

One of the only records I ever owned... I don't know how many times I listened to that record.

-w

WWF-VT

I was a little kid and listened to my aunt's copy of "Meet the Beatles". My older brother had his own record player and used to by 45 lp singles for less than a buck.

Dr Skimeister

First LP I got, as a gift from my grandmother, was "Beatles '65". First I ever bought for myself was either "Magical Mystery Tour" or "Blood Sweat & Tears".

crank

I was a little kid and listened to my aunt's copy of "Meet the Beatles". My older brother had his own record player and used to by 45 lp singles for less than a buck.

Same for me. My older sisters got Meet the Beatles when I was a little kid.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
My first album was a Beatles one but I don't remember which. I do recall hanging out in the attic as a child playing it on my crappy little record player.

mondeo

Let's see...

Don't have a timeline, I know all of these were pretty early on (Probably all '90-'92):

Rush- Roll the Bones (Coincidentally, it was my brother's tape, even though I turned out to be the Rush nut.)

ZZ Top- Afterburner
Some Aerosmith crap.
Kim Mitchell stuff
Metallica - Metallica
Lynard Skynard - Best Of
Ugly Kid Joe

My first CD was...wait for it...Green Jellö. Heard Three Little Pigs on the radio a few weeks ago, that took me back. Impressive early work from half of Tool.

Glenn

Foreigner_-_4.jpg

A friend of mine in kindergarden has this record. "Juke Box Hero" was a song we always played. He had an older cousin, so he always had the line on cools stuff....cool 80's stuff. 8)

SkiDork

This one is gonna make you all chuckle. The 1st album I ever purchased:

The_Partridge_Family_Album.jpg

I really AM a dork!!!

drjeff

First one I ever purchased(that my parents gave me approval too) back in 1980 when I was in 4th grade

album-christopher-cross.jpg

At the time I thought I was so cool to have that piece of vinyl :rolleyes:

Sky

Hmmm....first one I "bought" or owned. My older brother had a job and a huge collection, quite eclectic (Ten Years After to Cat Stevens to Jonathan Edwards back to Iron Butterfly (In A Gada Da Vida)).

But the first one I bought was maybe Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon or Blue Oyster Cult Tyranny and Mutaion.

It's hard to remember partially because I got a lot of hand-me-down 8-tracks from my brother (Black Sabbath, Harry Nillson, Jethro Tull (Aqua Lung), Deep Purple (Fireball and Machine Head), Cream (Disraili Gears).

Warp Daddy

Damn you are all CHILDREN :D:D Ever hear of Bill Haley and the Comets -- the FIRST REAL Rock n' Rollers -- these guys were B4 Elvis--- I met them in person and had their album They were in the flicks too in the mid 50's -- when Ole Warp was a baby :D