• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bump or Bust Mogul Competition - 1/22/11

2knees

On skiers left on Ex according to the boys on Facebook.

interesting choice. i guess they're gonna knock down the big air and run it from the end of stinger down. nice viewing from the deck. lots-o-straightlining gonna happen with that pitch though.

anyway, i like the idea. gets them more exposure for that comp.

o3jeff

interesting choice. i guess they're gonna knock down the big air and run it from the end of stinger down. nice viewing from the deck. lots-o-straightlining gonna happen with that pitch though.

Why wouldn't they leave the big air jump as one of the kickers?

Greg

Staff member

I was looking at the area this weekend, and yeah, a bit flatter than Temptor, but very similar to the bottom of Gunbarrel. With some snow farming/plowing they can probably build something with decent pitch. I love the idea of base area and lift one visibility....should increase interest.

gmcunni

ok, so 2 weeks away.. riding up lift 1 today looks like they've cleared out lower stinger to the left of the chair (as you go up) and i assume this is where they'll do the comp? when does seeding begin?

Chris Sullivan

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
You are correct about the site. When will depend on the weather. It looks like we have a chance for snow mid-week this week and also at the end of next weekend (for what that is worth). I'd like to wait until after MLK. That monday night.

Madroch

Hoping you don't flatten noreaster until stinger is seeded-- would hate to have powder next week or weekend and no bumps...

Chris Sullivan

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Nor' easter will stay until we move to Gunny. We may even keep bumps on both sides of Exhibition. I have to see how other feel about it.

Madroch

Nor' easter will stay until we move to Gunny. We may even keep bumps on both sides of Exhibition. I have to see how other feel about it.

Now that truly is "my kind of mountain"--

PS the others are fine with both sides of EX bumped...I checked.