• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bump or Bust Mogul Competition - 1/22/11

mondeo

Hooray, it's the day before I break a ski this year! I'll actually have experience using the skis I'm on!

I just hope my poles survive this time.

gmcunni

Bump or Bust Mogul Competition
JANUARY 22, 2011 - Bump or Bust Mogul Competition
New location for this 5th annual mid-season bump competition. The only one of its kind in Southern New England. We’re going to create a world class bump comp venue that has become expected of our Mountain Operations team. This event caters to people looking to get a taste of the competitive bump scene or simply to socialize with others while having fun on the moguls.

Registration begins in the lodge at 11:30am. Once you’ve received your bib number, you can begin practice. Competition begins promptly at 1pm and will be conducted in a singles format start to determine head-to-head brackets. Sponsors to be determined. Awards on the deck.

Entry Fee is just $5, Release Agreement required (parent signature needed if under 18 years of age). Helmets required by all participants. Follow the entire event online at www.alpinezone.com.

5th annual, really?

new location = nor easter? or will they build something different for the comp?

bvibert

Staff member
Nice AZ plug! 8)

I'll be there for sure!

It is hard to believe it's already the 5th, but it is, can't wait. :beer:

Gary, the last I heard they were going to build a course just for this event either on the bottom of Temptor or Gunny. I don't think Nor'Easter would work too well for an event. It'll be interesting to see what they come up with. I have confidence that it will be good though!

2knees

5th annual, really?

new location = nor easter? or will they build something different for the comp?

wow, 5 years? I think the math might be off. Its the 4th year by my count.

1st year winner was the tele guy, then Dave A., then Pat T. and now this year. Am i forgetting a year?

regardless, great job Sundown.

No way could it be on Nor Easter though. You wouldnt be able to see a complete course from any one vantage point.

Greg

Staff member
The last I heard was there will be a specific course built either on Gunbarrel or the lower section of Stinger/Ex (far skier's left) where the big air jump usually gets put later in the season. I think the latter is a better spot. Great visibility from the chair.

bvibert

Staff member
The last I heard was there will be a specific course built either on Gunbarrel or the lower section of Stinger/Ex (far skier's left) where the big air jump usually gets put later in the season. I think the latter is a better spot. Great visibility from the chair.

Yeah, Stinger/Ex is what I meant, not Temptor... :oops:

o3jeff

wow, 5 years? I think the math might be off. Its the 4th year by my count.

1st year winner was the tele guy, then Dave A., then Pat T. and now this year. Am i forgetting a year?

regardless, great job Sundown.

No way could it be on Nor Easter though. You wouldnt be able to see a complete course from any one vantage point.

I think they are refering to the number of comps, not years. Some years had 2.

2knees

I think they are refering to the number of comps, not years. Some years had 2.

Annual would mean years, yes?

also, if you added them all up, this would be number six. 3 on temptor and two on gunny plus this year.

DONT F#$K WITH MY MATH SKILLLLZZZZZZ

Greg

Staff member
This is AZ. Everyone's a friggin' know-it-all bitch ass whining poser mo-fo with an attitude....

:razz:

I was going to use this as a lead-in to start the trash talking, but now that AZ regulars like 180 and Frank, etc. regularly compete, I'll stay quiet. It was more fun when 2knees was the only guy to beat. He's always up for talking smack... ;)

Glad to see it's off Temptor and it sounds like some care will be put into building the course. They made a good effort with a ton of last minute snowmaking on Temptor last year, but that course was really a bit of a disaster. Building fresh a few days out will be better.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
1st bump comp (Jan 2008 ), 2nd (S7 #1, March 2008 ), 3rd (Jan 2009), 4th (S7 #2, March 2009), so this would be the 5th bump comp overall.

I have new camera equipment on the way. Hopefully, I can figure out this fancy stuff by then! :eek:

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Annual would mean years, yes?

also, if you added them all up, this would be number six. 3 on temptor and two on gunny plus this year.

DONT F#$K WITH MY MATH SKILLLLZZZZZZ
When was the 3rd on Temptor that I'm missing? Didn't this start in 2008?

Greg

Staff member
When was the 3rd on Temptor that I'm missing? Didn't this start in 2008?

March 2008 (Temptor), Jan 2009 (Temptor), March 2009 (Gunny), Jan 2010 (Temptor), Mar 2010 (Gunny).

This will be the 6th.

2knees

1st bump comp (Jan 2008 ), 2nd (S7 #1, March 2008 ), 3rd (Jan 2009), 4th (S7 #2, March 2009), so this would be the 5th bump comp overall.

you, my friend, are WRONG :wink:

Hey, i can be a know it all too, since everyone else on AZ is lately.

2knees

I was going to use this as a lead-in to start the trash talking, but now that AZ regulars like 180 and Frank, etc. regularly compete, I'll stay quiet. It was more fun when 2knees was the only guy to beat. He's always up for talking smack... ;)

i'll talk all the smack you want. Those guys are in another league so it doesnt even really count.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
you, my friend, are WRONG :wink:

Hey, i can be a know it all too, since everyone else on AZ is lately.

March 2008 (Temptor), Jan 2009 (Temptor), March 2009 (Gunny), Jan 2010 (Temptor), Mar 2010 (Gunny).

This will be the 6th.

My head hurts. I knew there was 1 hanging out there without an S7, and I knew the first was in 2008, just somehow messed up my years. (In that, in my head when I typed it, I was thinking now was 2009 :eek:) I think I need more coffee..... And less stress.