• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Nass - 9/26/10

bvibert

Staff member
I arrived at Scoville just a bit after 9am to find it almost completely full, which I found surprising. I had to park in overflow on the other side of the road. o3jeff came over and chatted while he waited for me to get my act together. Luckily he had over heard one of the large group's ride plans so we decided to ride on the other side of the forest. While I was getting ready a New Britain Water Co truck slowly drove down Scoville, the truck said Patrol Vehicle. I thought for sure we were all in for hearing a bunch of crap for parking there, but instead the guy got to the end of the row of cars, turned around, and left. I'm not sure what that was about, but it seemed strange to me.

Anyway, before too long I was ready and we were on our way. Since one of the big groups was apparently heading over to the Fat Kid via Cemetery to hit up the old standard loop we deiced to head over to Johnnycake and then to sessions to avoid the crowds. This turned out to be a great plan as we hardly saw anyone the whole rest of the ride, except for a few Crankfirians who were going to comfort a crying indian or something.

We ended up doing Jug>Hinman>JC Climb>Orchard DH>Sandy Pelican>Scoville Twisties>4-way>Truck>Ledges>Waterfall Bypass>Heart Thumper>B-street>4-way>Downhill>BSB>Done. Which was a really nice loop right around 9.25 miles, just what the doctor ordered for me. Everything was exceptionally dry still and more leaves are covering the trails making it interesting in spots. The rain the next few days will probably make things real interesting until the leaves dry out.. :eek:

It was a pleasure as always riding with Jeff. The new bike seemed to be working out great. I just hope I didn't hold him up too much!

o3jeff

I really like that loop, has a little of everything. I'm really liking the new hard tail and have adjusted to it pretty quick other than I have to try and figure out why it keeps sending me over the bars!

Like Brian said with the rain and the leaves coming down quick, riding should become interesting.

MR. evil

I really like that loop, has a little of everything. I'm really liking the new hard tail and have adjusted to it pretty quick other than I have to try and figure out why it keeps sending me over the bars!

Like Brian said with the rain and the leaves coming down quick, riding should become interesting.

I knew you would like that HT. Big difference from that alum spesh with a steep HTA.

Is your fork the dual air version? I found that if I did not have enough air in the negative air chamber on my Rev it was prone to sending me OTB on small stuff. The positive pressure should be about 5 to 10 psi higher than the negative.

o3jeff

I knew you would like that HT. Big difference from that alum spesh with a steep HTA.

Is your fork the dual air version? I found that if I did not have enough air in the negative air chamber on my Rev it was prone to sending me OTB on small stuff. The positive pressure should be about 5 to 10 psi higher than the negative.

Yea it's the dual air, the problem was I looked over my shoulder to see which line Bri was taking down a rocky area and next thing I knew I was laying on the ground, a big root stopped me dead.

Only drawback to the bike is that my back is sore after riding it, I need to figure out how to be smoother on it.