• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Black Flies

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
They are out in force!

I went road riding today, and I got one in the eye and at least three in the mouth. One in each ear too.

Deadly little buggers. They always seem to go in the eye on a screaming downhill when you desparately need to see, and in your mouth on steep climbs when you desperately need to breathe.

And to top things off, I almost had a wasp fly into my helmet vent on my way back home. Brutal.

Well, not as bad as last year when I had a wasp get caught between my helmet strap and the side of my face and sting me on my cheek bone. That was a bummer.

skibum1321

One time when I was out biking last year, I accidentally stepped on a wasp or hornet nest and got stung a bunch of times in the ankle. This all clued me in to the fact that I had a bee sting allergy, as I got really itchy and turned bright red. Needless to say, I got the hell out of there and went to the hospital. Now I'm the cool guy with the epi-pen.