• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Weekend Thread...10/1 - 10/3

mondeo

Replace baseboard auto bleed valves, bleed lines, turn furnace on, tile shower, epoxy garage floor, MTB. Think that's about it.

Oh, first raking session.

dmc

yup - I'll be cleaning up after this storm.. Creek came up - flooded the basement.. Not good..

Moe Ghoul

Minor amount of water in the basement here, I had the foresight to elevate EVERYTHING in my basement off the floor when I remodeled it 5 years ago, so no damage. Wet n dry shop vac and a little bleach and done. Gonna start playing around with my PuderLuder/Jondrum binding inserts for that sweet swapability feature.

gorgonzola

little dampnees in one corner - no biggy. a little groggy this morning from at buddy's batchelor party warmup at the local strip joint - the real deal is tonight at the borgata but too rich for my blood. i love cigars - smoked the last of my dominicans from this summers trip to punta cana - but my mouth tastes like ass this morning.
tonight friday night lights big homecoming match up
tommorrow down to widener u to see my daughter for family day/homecoming game
sunday mtb, son's soccer and 21st anniversary (today) dinner with mrs snowbunski

dmc

Minor amount of water in the basement here, I had the foresight to elevate EVERYTHING in my basement off the floor when I remodeled it 5 years ago, so no damage. Wet n dry shop vac and a little bleach and done.

yeah - our stuff is off the ground too.. Water came up about 2 feet..
Our house is 100 years old.. Field stone foundation..

The water comes up and goes down.. just as quick... I'll run the dehumidifier..

SKIQUATTRO

Friday PM: get a workout in while kids are at irish step and the mrs is getting her hair done

Sat AM; ealry morning surf, clean house, then hit Octoberfest in town then to a friends house for post Octoberfest party

Sun AM; early morning surf, clean/stock house, start packing for Mexico trip (leave Oct 9)

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Friday, work from home, safety meeting, and heading out to dinner with some friends later.
Saturday, not much going on. I want to start planning out a full basement remodel.
Sunday, I have the day to myself. Not sure how I'm going to best use this time.

Warp Daddy

his was a very bad storm here in NNY

We had 5 inches here in NNY

I spent most of the afternoon and last nite BAILING out Had to go buy a 6 hp wet dry vac with pumping capability . Had several inches in the basement in 2 separate areas about 10 ft long X 3 ft wide . It was coming so hard and fast for 12 hrs in a row that my 3 hp wet vac couldn't keep up with it . As soon as i 'd finish it was flooded again at a depth of about 1 - 1.5 inches

. The furnace and all appliances and any storage areas are all on platforms so nothing is at risk .My floor drain line was a godsend and did its thing ---but finally around 10 pm the storm shifted east we're dry today . Luckily it was limited to these 2 major spots and not the entire basement ., which by the way is strictly a basement not living space . Schools all over the area are closed . roads are flooded

This is the second storm of this ferocity in a month -- C'mon winter DAMMIT

ctenidae

Probably pulling the boat off its mooring this weekend. Going to be in Ireland for the next 2 weekends, then in Tennessee, so it'll be November before we could go out on the boat again, and it'll probably be too chilly then.

gorgonzola

Congrats! We just celebrated our 23rd. Gonna do the dinner thing in NYC on Halloween. Going up there for 3 nites.

thanks - same to you! you gonna do the village halloween parade? one of the craziest spectacles i've ever seen...

were headed up to the finger lakes in a few weeks for our annual anniversary wine tatsing tour.

TheBEast

Friday night - quick trip to the Depot for some more kitchen remodel items.....brother (my contractor) arrives.....more trim painting

Saturday AM - Rugged Maniac in Southwick....should be interesting with all this rain.

Saturday PM - Help my brother with some of the finishing touches on the kitchen remodel

Sunday - Painting.....my favoriate pass-time....NOT! Oh and hopefully closing the damn pool, since I haven't gotten to that yet!!

MR. evil

Friday night - quick trip to the Depot for some more kitchen remodel items.....brother (my contractor) arrives.....more trim painting

Saturday AM - Rugged Maniac in Southwick....should be interesting with all this rain.

Saturday PM - Help my brother with some of the finishing touches on the kitchen remodel

Sunday - Painting.....my favoriate pass-time....NOT! Oh and hopefully closing the damn pool, since I haven't gotten to that yet!!

A couple of my friends are doing the rugged maniac race. I might go watch, the course is about 5 minutes from my house.

Glenn

Did some stuff around the house Saturday. My wife and I went over to DrJeff's condo Sat night and had dinner; he was up with the kids. He and I shared a few beers. :lol: Sunday, did the first round of leaves, mowed the lawn and took out the chainsaw.