• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Women Posters

tekweezle

crickets chirping.....

actually, I know a few women who ski/snowboard. they just aren;t as "gungho" about it to be browsing message boards. i guess some people don;t have that "thirst for information".

bvibert

Staff member
tekweezle said:
crickets chirping.....

actually, I know a few women who ski/snowboard. they just aren;t as "gungho" about it to be browsing message boards. i guess some people don;t have that "thirst for information".
Or they don't have hours of free time to waste sitting in front of a computer... ;)

SkiDork

My wife is Tyrolean_Skier, got a few hundred posts on this site, top poster on killingtonzone.com

She's out skiing today at K as I type this. Hiking over to the canyon with my 8 year old son. She's a real die hard. More so than me.

JimG.

Staff member
SkiDork said:
My wife is Tyrolean_Skier, got a few hundred posts on this site, top poster on killingtonzone.com

She's out skiing today at K as I type this. Hiking over to the canyon with my 8 year old son. She's a real die hard. More so than me.

How could I have forgotten Ty? She's very cool and game for just about anything on the slopes. I was impressed the day we skiied together at Hunter and she jumped into lower K27 behind dmc and me. 6" of POW on top of ice bumps is probably the toughest snow condition for any skier, but Ty handled it very well.

thaller1

Me.. I am a woman poster and skier... I've been most active on the Sunday River forum .. when I need to broaden my horizons.... I post here..

Tyrolean_skier

JimG. said:
How could I have forgotten Ty? She's very cool and game for just about anything on the slopes. I was impressed the day we skiied together at Hunter and she jumped into lower K27 behind dmc and me. 6" of POW on top of ice bumps is probably the toughest snow condition for any skier, but Ty handled it very well.

Hey JimG thanks for the compliment. That day at Hunter had much better conditions than what I dealt with today at K. I was out there in the pouring rain skiing on frozen granular but I felt I had to do it as it may be my last day of lift serviced skiing this season. Unfortunately, hiking season has already started at K. As my hubby, SkiDork, already stated, I am a true diehard and go through withdrawal symptoms after the ski season is over. Count me in as a woman skier that posts here.

Sparky

Tyrolean_skier said:
Hey JimG thanks for the compliment. That day at Hunter had much better conditions than what I dealt with today at K. I was out there in the pouring rain skiing on frozen granular but I felt I had to do it as it may be my last day of lift serviced skiing this season. Unfortunately, hiking season has already started at K. As my hubby, SkiDork, already stated, I am a true diehard and go through withdrawal symptoms after the ski season is over. Count me in as a woman skier that posts here.

A women skiier that posts at 3:29 in the morning. That is above and beyond in my book.

Snowflower

Quote: Do you ski/hike regularly?

Yup...every weekend at Sugarloaf... and I just got back from a week in Colorado which is why it took me so long to answer!

p.s guess I better look up how to quote with this new software...

JimG.

Staff member
Snowflower said:
Quote: Do you ski/hike regularly?

Yup...every weekend at Sugarloaf... and I just got back from a week in Colorado which is why it took me so long to answer!

p.s guess I better look up how to quote with this new software...

Nice!

Drop by when you can and update us on your trips.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
bvibert said:
Or they don't have hours of free time to waste sitting in front of a computer... ;)

That about sums it up! :)

I had a really good ski season in 2004... but then I got pregnant, had a kid, and now there's little time for skiing. So I'm not around on here much because I don't have much to say.... But I am a woman on AZ! :D

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
severine said:
That about sums it up! :)

I had a really good ski season in 2004... but then I got pregnant, had a kid, and now there's little time for skiing. So I'm not around on here much because I don't have much to say.... But I am a woman on AZ! :D

"Parents: The Anti-Drug"

"Kids: The Anti-Ski"

Greg

Staff member
Marc said:
"Kids: The Anti-Ski"
Not for me. I only got 4 days less than last year. And with my oldest getting started with me next season, I should be set for 20-25+. And once they are both of ski age......woohoo!

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Greg said:
Not for me. I only got 4 days less than last year. And with my oldest getting started with me next season, I should be set for 20-25+. And once they are both of ski age......woohoo!

That's because you have your wife at home to watch the kids. Brian's ski season wasn't negatively affected either. ;)

Greg

Staff member
severine said:
That's because you have your wife at home to watch the kids. Brian's ski season wasn't negatively affected either. ;)
Trust me. There was some diplomacy going on there. Many of my night sessions at Sundown consisted of me knowing I'd be up a few hours later (often times twice) to feed the baby. The deal was - if I got to ski, my wife would get an uninterrupted night of sleep. It was a fair trade in my book...