• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Women Posters

Sparky

Are there any women posting to this site? I know the percentage of man to women involved in this sport is greatly skewed toward men, particularly in my age group, but it seems that there must be some out there with something to say.

bvibert

Staff member
Off the top of my head there's Teachski and Noski (not a skier, but a regular here). I know there are a few others, but I can't think of who.

noski

teachski said:
I know there are not many! I am, Noski is, nelsapbm is, but I'm not too sure if there are others. How about a poll?
Thanks for letting me participate here, even though I am only an "honorary" skier. Those that view skiMRV will see my tie to the industry in my signature line. (MadeYouLook, MadeYouLook...!);)

JimG.

Staff member
skibum1321 said:
Are you trying to pick up a date through AZ? I would have to say that would probably be a first.

Hee Hee...

I'm really bad...I thought he was looking for posters to hang on his wall.

Sparky

skibum1321 said:
Are you trying to pick up a date through AZ? I would have to say that would probably be a first.

Noooooooo. As charming as the AZ ladies must be, I'm just curious as to how many there are.

I have a charming wife (really) and wish to keep it that way.

2knees

JimG. said:
Hee Hee...

I'm really bad...I thought he was looking for posters to hang on his wall.

The Women of Alpine Zone? maybe a calender should be in the works. :)

skibum1321

Maybe the next project for Greg should be to start an AZ dating service. It could be used to set single members up on dates with people with similar interests. :lol:

Sparky

The Women of Alpine Zone? maybe a calender should be in the works.

2knees
View Public Profile
Send a private message to 2knees
Find More Posts by 2knees
Add 2knees to Your Buddy List

Today, 11:18 AM #13
skibum1321

Maybe the next project for Greg should be to start an AZ dating service.

It could be used to set single members up on dates with people with similar interests

OMG what have I started?

Ski Diva

Website
www.skidiva.com
Me!!! I'm a woman skier!!! I'm raising my pole for this poll!!!

Seriously, though. I'm an AVID skier. And it does seem like women are in minority, both here and on the hill. It's something I notice every time I go skiing, and frankly, I don't get it. Hey, I know it's cold -- and believe me, I hate the cold -- but I love skiing so much that I'll go out in just about anything. It's really a treat for me to find another woman to ski with. Wish there were more of us!

Visit my blog for women who ski: http://skidiva.blogspot.com

Last edited:

JimG.

Staff member
Sparky said:
OMG what have I started?

It's just end of the season silliness; I hope we didn't scare anyone off.

I like wclinch's response below; believe me, there are alot of men out there who don't like the cold too. When I taught, folks who mentioned the cold always needed special attention to keep them busy and get them over that inevitable hurdle.

When I think about it, I know alot of women who ski on a regular basis, ladies I see every weekend at Hunter. They're a big part of the culture there and many have been so for years and decades. Wouldn't be the same without them, for me anyway.

skibum1321

JimG. said:
It's just end of the season silliness; I hope we didn't scare anyone off.

I like wclinch's response below; believe me, there are alot of men out there who don't like the cold too. When I taught, folks who mentioned the cold always needed special attention to keep them busy and get them over that inevitable hurdle.

When I think about it, I know alot of women who ski on a regular basis, ladies I see every weekend at Hunter. They're a big part of the culture there and many have been so for years and decades. Wouldn't be the same without them, for me anyway.
Skiing would be pretty weird if it were only guys wouldn't it? It would be like one of those exclusive country clubs that are so snobby that they don't allow women to golf there.