• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Pats Peak 1/18/03

eatskisleep

Pats Peak:

Conditions:Ver good and I was very surprised. All Packed-powder until the end of the day when there was some ice onTwister and on Hurricane "Southern New Hampshire's Steepest Trail" The Turbulence Terrain Park was lots of fun. They had about 10 rails and 10 hits and they had a slide box(I think that is what you would call it) and a c-box, both were very fun. After I got used to the boxes I tried the rails on my skis(On snoboard I could already do them)I fell and then fell of the rail 5 feet down onto flat ground :oops: ! It was still fun though. Pats Peak was making snow on Tornado the previos night and they had not groomed it but it was still nice. On FIS Race trail they were making snow all day. You could cut across to Knight Slope and make your mark in the thin-covered powder; always fun. Although no glades were open I decided to venture into my own little glades anyways, there was still plenty of powder to be found.

Liftlines:The Longest wait was about 10 minutes and that was for the Turbulence Triple Chair later on the opened up the Valley Double Chair to ease out the crowds and yes it did help.

Summary:For a small mountain I found it pretty good, not a place where you would ski alot but some things like the park(even though I was never into tit before) and Hurricane made up for it.