• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Any interest in free Web-based Email?

Would you be interested in a free Web-based Email account?

• Yes

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • No

Votes: 9 64.3%

• Total voters

Greg

Staff member
I think I know the answer to this, but I figured I'd throw this out there. Would you be interested in a free Web-based Email account? For example, greg@alpinezone.net?

Please repond to the poll and include any comments in this thread.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
It's a nice gesture, Greg, but frankly, why n the hell would I want to associate myself with a board like this?

Just kidding...

I have been using Gmail and just really wouldn't have the need for another address.

Thanks though for offering.

BeanoNYC

Will it link to private messages? For instance, If I just want to send BobR a PM from my mail client could I do so?

bvibert

Staff member
I guess I just like to collect email addresses, thats why I'm the only one who voted for yes. Would this have pop3 so I could get it from my other email client? If not I probably would never use it anyway... ;)

Greg

Staff member
bvibert said:
I guess I just like to collect email addresses, thats why I'm the only one who voted for yes. Would this have pop3 so I could get it from my other email client? If not I probably would never use it anyway... ;)
I don't think there is a POP option. FYI - I tried this once several years ago and it kind of was a flop. The community is far bigger now though so I figured I'd throw it out there...

bvibert

Staff member
If there is no POP then I probably wouldn't use it. I never remember to check my Gmail account as it is... I get the rest of my email address's mail through POP, so it all goes to one place.