• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Dan Egan...

WakeboardMom

....is speaking at my Rotary today. Please tell me you know who he is.

I'm PSYCHED.

WakeboardMom

He's supposed to be talking about the sport...inspirational...he only has 20 to 30 minutes and he's planning on showing some skiing clips.

B...I don't know if he had a restaurant. I'm psyched because he was a cool influence back in the day when he and John were in the Warren Miller movies...and then when he was director of skiing at BW he was still a kind of hero to them.

thetrailboss

Staff member
I don't think John has had ties with the restaurant for quite a long time, except for the use of his name.

IIRC he was telling me and my wife about the restaurant this spring. He did get out of it?

powbmps

I saw the two of them speak at the North Face store in Boulder, back in 1991 or 92. It was just after those North Face "Extreme Skiing" videos and we were pretty psyched about it.

Wish I could remember what the heck they were talking about :confused:.

WakeboardMom

How was it?!?

It was AWESOME! A portion of my intro: "It’s a wonderful thing when an athlete’s love of a sport can influence and inspire his fans; when his love of a sport can lead others to a find something that becomes a lifelong passion. THIS is why I’m excited to introduce today’s speaker. When my boys were young, it was an annual adventure to trek to Boston in the fall to see the newest Warren Miller ski movie. Later on, one of their heroes from those movies became director of skiing at Bretton Woods and continued to inspire them. The autographed poster of today’s speaker is still hanging in my now-grown-up son’s apartment." I went on to describe someone of his business dealings and a bit more of his bio.

He then spoke about how to market intangibles such as inspiration. He talked a little bit about branding and then spoke about using all the new types of media to get one's message out to the right audience.

Best part is that it went over very well with my club-mates, not all of whom are skiers. (He's a sailor also. And he's cute and personable. ; )