• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Happy 4/20 all

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Ah hell, I almost forgot.

Last year on this date, we did three OD calls, and two UI combatives.

What a royal pain in the ass.

2knees

emt? my wifes a nurse in the neurosurgical icu at hartford hospital. I dont care for her work stories much.

thetrailboss

Staff member
This message is no good. It should have been entered at 4:20 on 4/20 :wink: :lol:

AndyZee: 4-20 is the police code for a marijuana bust. Enthusiasts of the stuff use it as a banner for their, um, activities.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
2knees said:
emt? my wifes a nurse in the neurosurgical icu at hartford hospital. I dont care for her work stories much.

I am. Well. I'm a firefighter first and an EMT second.

That means, if I roll up to your house and you're writhing on the front lawn in the middle of a massive MI (heart attack), I'll most likely say "hey, fire!" and run in and put the fire out.

My brother in law is an ER nurse at St. Francis. Working healthcare in the city of Hartford yields some interesting experiences.

Plowboy

ski_resort_observer said:
I assume they had the big 4/20 smoke-in on the quad at UVM today.

Smart kids? Lets do something illegal in public so the police can video tape us. How much is it to send your kid to UVM?

dmc

Plowboy said:
Smart kids? Lets do something illegal in public so the police can video tape us. How much is it to send your kid to UVM?

No big deal... It's not like they commited a serious crime... just smoking weed...

geeeeze....

Besides - what the hell do you think your kid wants to go to UVM for in the first place??

Plowboy

dmc said:
.Besides - what the hell do you think your kid wants to go to UVM for in the first place??

Silly me. I went to Vermont Tech. LOL But I still wouldn't smoke dope in front of the man.

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com
Plowboy said:
Silly me. I went to Vermont Tech. LOL But I still wouldn't smoke dope in front of the man.

There is more than one kind of man.They always show the smoke-in on WCAX on the evening news. Suppose a parent from NJ(always amazed at the amount of NJ plates on upper Main St), for example, checks out the WCAX website, clicks on the news video's and see's his son doing a Brewer and Shiply. Really showing my age with that reference. He outta there!

Ok, maybe not, but ya never know. If I was that kid I would look, later in life, at that incident and think, "man, being cool can really bite ya in the butt".

Conversly, not busting those people, is just one of the many things that make's Vermont a strange but wonderful place to be.

skibum1321

I'm pretty sure the 4/20 smoke-in at UVM has been shut down or at least moved to a less public place in the past couple of years.