Has anyone played Green Mtn National?

AlpineZone

Has anyone played Green Mtn National?

Going up to killington for the columbus day weekend and my buddy got a tee time there. I've heard the place is pretty difficult, any opinions?

Haven't played it this season, so I'm not sure of it's condition (it's usually in very good shape), but overall it can be a challenging course. It's what's classically known as a target style golf course, where if you play it like the architect wants you to, rather than just hit the ball as far as you possibly can at every chance, you'll be fine.

After a couple of holes, most folks realize where the architect has the landing areas for ones drives, and if you play to those areas (even if another club might get you 10,20, 30+ yards past there, you'll be fine, since trouble can pop up quickly past the landing areas.

IMHO, for the "average" golfer, Green Mountain National is a much more fun round of golf than the Killington Golf Course, which is much more hilly and narrow
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days '07-'17 seasons: 515 Days

'17 - '18 Season:
    November: 12,18,19,24,26 (Mount Snow)
    December: 2,3,10 (Mount Snow) 9 (Stratton)

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    IMHO, for the "average" golfer, Green Mountain National is a much more fun round of golf than the Killington Golf Course, which is much more hilly and narrow

what about for the total hack, which i've become in the last few years......

I like White River.
    Wait Till Next Year!!!

Thread Information