• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Snowshoe 1/16-18

I

IndyJones

Conditions:
16th- Packed with some Powder on top.
17th- All Packed
18th- Packed/Ice with some Powder

Liftlines: None except for a 5 minute wait once at the bottom of Powder Monkey on the 17th.

This was my first time on a real mountain! I was so excited! The high speed quads there are awesome! And the trails are long! I loved it. I ended up going down all the runs getting Lower Shay's Revenge under my belt on the 18th. Though I'll admit, the runs I did on it weren't full speed. Cupp's Run is now m favorite run! The whole upside down resort thing was so cool! I really liked skiing right out of my hotel. Only bad thing was the wind chill on the 16th...with it the temperatures got as low as -14!!! Anyways, I survived...it was so fun!

Greg

Staff member
Sounds like a great trip, Indy! If you think Snowshoe is big, you really need to get up to Vermont, New Hampshire, or Maine sometime. 8)

Or out West...