• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Post if You Don't Do Facebook

Glenn

Don't have an account...don't plan on it.

thats_how_i_roll_toilet_paper_keychain-p146186435041442769qjfk_400.jpg

SkiDork

I'm afraid of all this new technology. It scares me. Even posting in this forum scares me.

whine-700547.jpg

deadheadskier

Staff member
I laugh at people who freak out about the privacy issues on FB. It's very simple to 'hide' anything about yourself that you don't wish for others to see.

In my mind, it's a good communication tool. Really no different than email for keeping in touch with friends.

It's also kind of like an online digital organizer. I no longer have to remember when friends birthdays are, I keep track of when my favorite bands might be playing locally (without Facebook, you'll never know when Greg's band Twisted Nut is playing ;) ) ski resorts do a lot of last minute deals through facebook these days.

I'm no junky like some of my friends who update their status everytime they go to the bathroom, but I do enjoy Facebook.

catskills

deadheadskier, you obviously don't know how to follow directions. The title of this thread is:

Post if You Don't Do Facebook
:smash:

I laugh at people who freak out about the privacy issues on FB. It's very simple to 'hide' anything about yourself that you don't wish for others to see.

In my mind, it's a good communication tool. Really no different than email for keeping in touch with friends.

It's also kind of like an online digital organizer. I no longer have to remember when friends birthdays are, I keep track of when my favorite bands might be playing locally (without Facebook, you'll never know when Greg's band Twisted Nut is playing ;) ) ski resorts do a lot of last minute deals through facebook these days.

I'm no junky like some of my friends who update their status everytime they go to the bathroom, but I do enjoy Facebook.

dmc

Love FB... For many reasons..

So far only positive...
It's a great way to promote my drumming and bands.. We got a packed gig coming up because of it..
I've reconnected with a ton of people that I thought I never would..
Found a ton of resources for travel and cheap tickets...
Found a ton of new music and connected to musicians...

mondeo

It's a tool for communication with people you don't see on a day to day basis and a good media sharing platform. I don't understand all the emotional responses to it.