• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

10-15 Inches at Jay Peak?!

Huck_It_Baby

Just saw a Facebook post from Jay Peak claiming 10-15 inches on the upper mountain this weekend.

Hogwash? Or time to Hike?

Highway Star

Just saw a Facebook post from Jay Peak claiming 10-15 inches on the upper mountain this weekend.

The actual forecasts are calling for twice as much snow at Killington vs. Jay Peak, so maybe Killington will get 20-30".........??????

:-o :idea:

Anklebiter

It looks like the whole region could get a good dumping of snow. I expect to see some pictures by Monday:wink:, because I'm in rain country.

jerryg

Perhaps I didn't read that map right, but I didn't see K getting all that much snow out of this. I could be, and hope I am wrong, but I would think that along with the snow, the more southern Latitudes will see a good amount of NCP as well.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Looks like the Taconic Mountains in VT and The Dacks are hitting the jackpot.

I imagine we will see some good footage from famous internet skiers

Bostonian

NOAA is predicting for Stowe:

Today: Rain before 2pm, then snow. The rain and snow could be heavy at times. Temperature falling to around 32 by 5pm. Windy, with a north wind between 21 and 28 mph, with gusts as high as 48 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

Tonight: Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 31. Blustery, with a north wind between 22 and 24 mph, with gusts as high as 46 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.

So up to a foot possible according to the National Weather Service. Hmmm....

tjf67

They are saying 13 at the top of whiteface. Maybe the first ski of the year tonight. Of course its only the toll road but it will be sliding.