• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Crossroads Guitar Festival

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
So, I just bought the DVD last night, and I've watched disc 1 of 2 only, and so far...

wow. I wish I had bought this a looong time ago. It's been on my list but I've been putting it off. Simply amazing.

So many greats, playing together... Clapton and BB King and Santana... James Taylor with Joe Walsh... JJ Cale, Jimmie Vaughn, Robert Cray, Buddy Guy... this list goes on.

Plus some that I just never new could play like that... like Vince Gil, John Mayer? Holy crap, I mean, John Mayer, that kid needs to push his solos in his tunes. Other young guys like Doyle Bramhall.

Has anyone else bought/seen this? If you haven't, I advise you to do so, like, yesterday.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Well, vocals with some, there are a few performances that were only instrumental.

I'm addicted though. I've been just turnin' em on after work while I cook dinner and do other stuff, just to listen to it. Great, great stuff. Joe Walsh's perfomance on the second disc is one of my favorites as was Jonny Lang's. And Robert Cray. Those two guys can sing and play with passion.

But I mean, it's all good. The whole thing. I would've paid double what I did for it and still thought it to be a good deal.

Still can't get over how good John Mayer was.

ChileMass

One of the Boston public TV stations had it on the other night and I saw Joe Walsh jamming with Steve Cropper on a bluesy thing that went into Funk 49, the old James Gang tune. Hot stuff.

And it is hard to believe that Joe Walsh looks as good as he does and can move as well as he can after what he put himself through back in the 70s. He didn't look that great (of course) and he slurs his words as always, but the guy can still play his ass off and was dancing around the stage like a kid. For at least some period in the 70s he must have been near the top of the rock & roll "Death Pool"......