• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

ski boot bags

wa-loaf

team pack just arrived (got the wife one for xmas as she's not a fan of her transpack) ....this is one sick bag, blows the doors off the transpack in so far as storage/design...i'm putting one on my list...hopefully santa will be good to me

Very nice! I've been eying their ski bags too.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I've got one of the type that is a backpack with attachments on the side to carry the boots externally. Worked great for flying, just popped the boots out to stow them overhead. Only drawback is if it's snowing then you need to stuff something in the boots to keep snow out when you walk to the lodge or wherever.

Does that have straps etc, to attach a set of skis to the back?

I'm cool with the large LL Bean backpack I use for now and just slinging my boots over the shoulder to get to the lodge. I like the Transpack design with the boots enclosed, but they appear really wide. Your pack seems more streamlined.

Guess what I'm looking for is something like the Transpack, but with BC capabilities as well. You know, to not ever get used for its intended purpose like the skins I bought last year and the Marker Dukes .:lol:

wa-loaf

I'm cool with the large LL Bean backpack I use for now and just slinging my boots over the shoulder to get to the lodge. I like the Transpack design with the boots enclosed, but they appear really wide. Your pack seems more streamlined.

Guess what I'm looking for is something like the Transpack, but with BC capabilities as well. You know, to not ever get used for its intended purpose like the skins I bought last year and the Marker Dukes .:lol:

Not a hiking pack, great for traveling and organizing your gear. It doesn't have a hip belt. I have a camelback that can carry my skis if I ever need to hike up something. The camelback will fit in my boot bag ...

bvibert

Staff member

That backpack you're using now looked huge, I was wondering what you carried in it. The Transpacks are wide, but I never notice it when I'm wearing it (though I'm a pretty wide guy as it is...). I definitely wouldn't want to take it on any BC trips though (even if it had straps to carry skis). I do like having my boots enclosed though!

deadheadskier

Staff member
That backpack you're using now looked huge, I was wondering what you carried in it. The Transpacks are wide, but I never notice it when I'm wearing it (though I'm a pretty wide guy as it is...). I definitely wouldn't want to take it on any BC trips though (even if it had straps to carry skis). I do like having my boots enclosed though!

It's decent size, but just an LL Bean daypack 1800 cu in.

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/60318?feat=506845-GN3&productId=1010669&attrValue_0=Bright Orange

I over prepare regarding layers. I would've been set on Sunday if it was -30 if need be.

I haven't tried to hook up skis up to it and it doesn't have a function for boot transport. I suppose I just need to get out and suffer a bit in the BC to figure out what I really want/need. We'll see if I motivate this winter. I like lifts

bvibert

Staff member
It's decent size, but just an LL Bean daypack 1800 cu in.

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/60318?feat=506845-GN3&productId=1010669&attrValue_0=Bright Orange

I over prepare regarding layers. I would've been set on Sunday if it was -30 if need be.

I haven't tried to hook up skis up to it and it doesn't have a function for boot transport. I suppose I just need to get out and suffer a bit in the BC to figure out what I really want/need. We'll see if I motivate this winter. I like lifts

I guess it just looked big, 1800 isn't that big at all.

Hawkshot99

I guess it just looked big, 1800 isn't that big at all.

Thats what she said.....

As for my boot bag I have a Rossignol bag that the boots attach to the outside of.
images

Mine is a different color than this and has been great for many years. It even has a strap setup to carry skis for hiking, and a bladder compartment for drinking(although I would never do BC with this pack, I have a sweet "Camelback Outlaw")

Puck it

Back of the car. Boot up and go. Who needs a bag. I just keep a backpack in the car with googles and gloves.

Warp Daddy

Yesterday i Screwed up the muscles in my chest from yanking weights and other arm related exercises and horsing around my snowblower and shoveling .

This happened last yr . Since surgery and loss of 40plus pounds my chest muscles had some atrophy and are prone to this after overuse according to the docs. We're in the gym 3 days a week so i'm always messin with stuff. Yesterday i "forgot" NOT to bull my snow machine around and shovel so damn vigorously

So i just ordered a Marker Wheeling "Everything" boot bag with telescoping handle and wheels . It functions basically like my old transpack BUT in addition it also has the telescoping handle and wheels( perfect for when this is an issue

got a sweet deal from e bags $79.99 -- normal retail $170. .

The Queen will get the old transpack

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Yesterday i Screwed up the muscles in my chest from yanking weights and other arm related exercises and horsing around my snowblower and shoveling .

This happened last yr . Since surgery and loss of 40plus pounds my chest muscles had some atrophy and are prone to this after overuse according to the docs. We're in the gym 3 days a week so i'm always messin with stuff. Yesterday i "forgot" NOT to bull my snow machine around and shovel so damn vigorously

So i just ordered a Marker Wheeling "Everything" boot bag with telescoping handle and wheels . It functions basically like my old transpack BUT in addition it also has the telescoping handle and wheels( perfect for when this is an issue

got a sweet deal from e bags $79.99 -- normal retail $170. .

The Queen will get the old transpack

Sorry to hear that Warp, but the pack seems like a good choice. Do you plan to fly with that pack? I can't imagine what they will charge you.