• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Swap/Tent Sales, 2010/2011 Edition

tcharron

It's that time of year again! Cheap deals on last years ubah gear! Or, as others would describe it, the only possible way to keep 3 growing kids on the snow. The intent of this thread is to track ski swaps and tent sales which may be of interested. Please note, by 'tent sale' we're not talking about a '10% off' sale. On the other hand, significant sales may be considered.

If you know of any additional swaps/sales, or have any clarifications on any listed below, feel free to respond and I will keep this post up to date.

I've moved the swaps which have passed by the to bottom of the list, so it's easier to see which swaps are coming up.

The following locations deserve special thanks for providing some of the information below:

http://www.skimaven.com/post/here-it-is-the-updated-list-of-2010-vermont-ski-swaps/
http://www.theskidiva.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10209

Ski Swaps which have passed by already:

I'm looking for information on the following ski sales/swaps from previous years.
Looking for more information on these swaps known from the past:

TBD

Last edited:

TheBEast

Our annual Ski Patrol fundraiser at Berkshire East

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ski Swap SALE!
Sunday, November 14th Noon – 3:30 p.m.
Berkshire East Ski Area, Charlemont MA

Merchandise from Competitive Edge Ski & Snowboard Shop will be offered at substantial savings, such as:

Used boots from $25
Skis with bindings from $49
Left over new equipment with savings up to 70%
Snowboards and boots up to 50% off
Left over clothing up to 70% off

Used rental equipment from Berkshire East will also be sold at reduced prices.

Bring in your used equipment for swap or sale. There will even be a limited amount of free equipment. This swap is being run as a fundraiser for the Berkshire East Ski Patrol, which will take a 20% commission on all sales.

Good condition, old and used equipment may be dropped off the morning of the swap from 9am until noon. All equipment must be picked up from the swap by 4 pm that afternoon.

gmcunni

Mount Southington (CT) SKI SWAP - 2010
This year's Ski Swap will be held the weekend of October 23rd and 24th in the Red Barn Cafe.
Hours are: Saturday 10am-4pm and Sunday 11am-3pm.
Items will be checked in on Wednesday, October 20th between Noon and 8pm. Only gently used, current equipment will be accepted.
Items that were not sold can be picked up on Wednesday, October 27th between Noon and 8pm along with payments for items that were sold.
Any items not picked up by October 28th will be donated to the CT Special Olympics

http://www.mountsouthington.com/content/news

The Danbury Ski Club is holding a Black Friday Ski Swap and Tent Sale on Nov. 26, 27 and 28 and Dec. 4 and 5 at Ski Haus, 162 Danbury Road in New Milford. Good condition, current ski and snowboarding equipment and clothing can be dropped off during the first three days of the sale. (There is a seller's fee of $1 an item. Sellers get 80 percent of the selling price and 20 percent goes to the National Ski Patrol.) Hours are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. Information: 860-355-2001, http://www.skihaus.com or http://www.danburyski.com.

tcharron

I have it up to date after researching last years dates. Syncing the list now with Divas and the such. Should have it all done by tommorow.

tcharron

All synced for future swaps. I have not added all of the swaps which where missed. Not a bad list of ones still up and coming.

Madroch

gmcunni:

Is the Southington swap any good? For the 2nd year in a row I will be out of state for the Sundown swap and need to pick up some kids stuff? (Also need to see Skidmarks for the wife's new boots--- I told her her last pair were too big when she bought them and she said Nooooooooo, one season in and she is "swimming" in them......hoping a pro (an. more importantly, non-spouse) can convince her of the need to go small...)

gmcunni

gmcunni:

Is the Southington swap any good? For the 2nd year in a row I will be out of state for the Sundown swap and need to pick up some kids stuff? (Also need to see Skidmarks for the wife's new boots--- I told her her last pair were too big when she bought them and she said Nooooooooo, one season in and she is "swimming" in them......hoping a pro (an. more importantly, non-spouse) can convince her of the need to go small...)

no idea quality @ mt southington, this will be first time there. I think o3jeff sold some stuff there last year. i figure i'll invest an afternoon with the kids on a little road trip there and play-it-again.

tcharron

Moved past swaps down to the 'already happened' list.

Still a whole bunch coming up. Keep 'em coming in if anyone has any additions.

Stratton Mountain School Ski Sale

More details on the SMS Ski/Snowboard Sale:
For more information, visit: www.gosms.org/SkiSale
Pete Davis pdavis@gosms.org or (802) 856-1165

Consignment sale equipment drop off:
Friday, Nov. 26 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
(Special pre-sale drop off possible if seller cannot drop off on Friday. Please call to arrange.)

Sale hours:
Friday, Nov. 26: 3:00 – 8:00 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 27: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.

tcharron

More details on the SMS Ski/Snowboard Sale:
For more information, visit: www.gosms.org/SkiSale
Pete Davis pdavis@gosms.org or (802) 856-1165

Consignment sale equipment drop off:
Friday, Nov. 26 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
(Special pre-sale drop off possible if seller cannot drop off on Friday. Please call to arrange.)

Sale hours:
Friday, Nov. 26: 3:00 – 8:00 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 27: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.

Added updated information