• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Products that make me yell at the TV

drjeff

I don't like watching people cook food. My mom used to watch Julia Child and the galloping gourmet. Hated both.

The food network, and cooking show in general, while I usually like watching them, aren't very good for my waistline :eek: :smash:

Somedays I feel like the only "safe" place for me to watch a food show on TV in my house is at a TV NOT on the same floor as my refrigerator/cupboards, since 99% of the time, my inherent laziness will trump any Food TV induced munchies :rolleyes:

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
OK, so let me ask the TV experts. Where do they get the people on HSN? Did these people start talking the moment they left the womb? I would hate to live with one of them, no matter how beautiful they are.

dmc

No clue... My guess is some of these people come from the Home Expo crowd..

mondeo

I never watch commercials. TiVo only. And now we have a DVR thing at the other house. Only time I see commercials is if we watch the Pats game.

Like DMC, I like TV at night. My limit is the nightly news, maybe Jon Stewart, maybe Jeopardy and one hourly program. TiVo has made this possible no matter what time I get home from work. : )

And yes, I yell at the Jeopardy contestants.
Mental note to DVR Jeopardy!

(That's not enthusiasm, just the full name of the show.)

I, uh, question the answers (?) but don't yell at the contestants. Unless they make a really stupid Daily Double wager shortly before final Jeopardy (either go for the lead or don't wager enough to potentially create a runaway, idiots. One of the two, not a random "2000" bid that can only make a difference by making it a runaway.) I'll also yell at the Sabres when they're playing like garbage, bad calls, or the NESN guys when they're being idiots covering a Bruins-Sabres game. Yelled at the Thrashers commentators last night, thanks to the CenterIce preview.

WakeboardMom

Mental note to DVR Jeopardy!

(That's not enthusiasm, just the full name of the show.)

I, uh, question the answers (?) but don't yell at the contestants. Unless they make a really stupid Daily Double wager shortly before final Jeopardy (either go for the lead or don't wager enough to potentially create a runaway, idiots. One of the two, not a random "2000" bid that can only make a difference by making it a runaway.) I'll also yell at the Sabres when they're playing like garbage, bad calls, or the NESN guys when they're being idiots covering a Bruins-Sabres game. Yelled at the Thrashers commentators last night, thanks to the CenterIce preview.

I usually say the answers in a normal tone, which is irritating enough to others in the room. If the contestants stand mute or answer incorrectly, I then yell the answer at them. I have been admonished on occasion. "You know they can't hear you, right?"

If watching Jeopardy with other family members, it frequently gets competitive. However, if watching it with my oldest son, one MUST state the response in the form of a question.

bigbog

Yell at Blitzer often. How media people can make revelations that took place years ago sound shocking. Yeah...I nap till midnight+ and enjoy the science shows in the early AM hours...with the remote(mute button!) within arm's reach.