• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Weekend Thread...10/22 - 10/24

gmcunni

What's going on this weekend?

Friday - driving north (not skiing related :-( )
Saturday - college open houses with son
Sunday - yard work, little bit of ski gear shopping @ local swap and tj maxx

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Another busy weekend...

Today: preschool/school shuffle, daughter's soccer practice, Harvest Festival street fair downtown tonight

Saturday: soccer for both kids, going to see a play with the kids in the afternoon, gallery reception in the evening for the opening of Dreams and Nightmares (and my 2nd time entering a show). :D

Sunday: gallery sitting, homework

Last edited:

Madroch

Sat: Southington Ski Swap, Visit Lab Breeder to check out operation, yard work
Sun: kids baseball, yard work- clean out garage

dmc

Gig in NJ tonight...
stash trimming tomorrow at Hunter
Head to San Diego Sunday.

crank

Driving to PA tonight.
Sat. College open house in Allentown then drive home.
Sun. Paint house and mountain bike.

o3jeff

Friday - probably out to dinner

Saturday - clean up leaves/lawn, install trailer hitch, finish putting patio furniture in shed, maybe change oil in snowblower

Sunday - bike ride, lay on couch rest of the day

o3jeff

What's going on this weekend?

Friday - driving north (not skiing related :-( )
Saturday - college open houses with son
Sunday - yard work, little bit of ski gear shopping @ local swap and tj maxx

How many TJ Maxx will you be hitting on the drive up and back?

gorgonzola

yestereday was kiddo #2 college visit then blue mountain group leaders dinner - i'll post up some info later

work today then stoketober fest - meatheads work it out premier

yo crank if your looking for something to do in the lehigh valley check it out http://www.moviesgamesnmore.org/stoketoberfest2010/
what school(s) ya checking out?

tommorow coach hockey practice first thing then off to finger lakes wine trail / greek peak for anniversary celebration
hopefully catch some phillies action along the way

sunday drive home and chill

any weekend that has two skiing events and being at two ski areas can't be too bad - even if it doesn't have any actual skiing!

HD333

Fri- Early Halloween party at the kids school then out to dinner with a few of the families.
Sat - Doubleheader soccer game. Clean out garage & basement. Movie at home with wife once kids crash.
Sun - MTB ride. Watch some football. Have my folks over for Pats game and dinner.

gmcunni

Sat: Southington Ski Swap, Visit Lab Breeder to check out operation, yard work
Sun: kids baseball, yard work- clean out garage

if you think of it please shoot me a note on Saturday night and warn me if i'd be wasting my time on Sunday.

o3jeff

if you think of it please shoot me a note on Saturday night and warn me if i'd be wasting my time on Sunday.

If it was anything like last year, probably. All the good used stuff sold Saturday and all that was left when I went Sunday was new stuff from the local shops. I'll probably try to swing by Saturday.

Puck it

Friday - Driving to UCONN for son's game
Saturday - Wish I would be skiing. Putting things in shed from yard for winter. Drive to UCONN again for son's game against Harvard
Sunday - Wish I was skiing but maybe golf.

WJenness

Tonight - Providence @ UMass Lowell Hockey game, party at a friends place after
Tomorrow - UNH vs. UMASS Football @ Gillette stadium
Sunday - ICA in the morning with the gf for one of her projects, then Pats game on the couch.

-w

4aprice

Friday - nothing really planned but know I will be playing Dads taxi service.
Saturday - Daughter ACT test then drive to the Pokes to put in her Instructor paperwork and see if and when I can pick up my pass.
Sunday - No Jet game:cry: Probably lawn work (yes its leaf season again- right Billski) then to Bro-in-laws for dinner.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Grassi21

Saturday, helping out with a free clinic for some city kids from Bridgeport CT. We are busing about 35 kids up from B'Port for a 3 hour lacrosse clinic followed by a BBQ. We are also gifting them 2 new goals and 6 dozen balls. Looking forward to giving back to the sport and helping out this group of kids.

Sunday, 4 hrs of lax coaching for my local kids. Man I can't wait for ski season to start. :)

crank

gorgonzola;565931 yo crank if your looking for something to do in the lehigh valley check it out [url said:
http://www.moviesgamesnmore.org/stoketoberfest2010/[/url]
what school(s) ya checking out?

Just Muhlenberg. Probably be there until 2 or 3 so the Meathead flick at 4 is a possibility. Thanks for the info. The kid and I would love it...the wife would have to be coerced.

drjeff

Friday - debating between some golf or MTB ride this afternoon, then dinner out with the family

Saturday - yardwork (leaves, patio furniture put away, etc), then in-laws coming for the night

Sunday - probably some more yardwork/maybe a MTB ride/entertain the in-laws and then watch the Patriots/Chargers game on TV @ 4:15

A nice quiet weekend