• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Highland Mountain Bike Park 2010-10-23

WoodCore

Hooked up with some riding buddies for a great day up the Highland Mountain Bike Park this past Saturday. Although not my first lift serviced riding, it was my first experience bombing down the hill on a "big" bike and WOW is it fun!

We all meet up with the "Masterlink?" shuttle bus driven by Josh around 6am in Waterbury and with a few stops along the way to pick up some other riders, made our way up towards Northfield, NH arriving around 11am. The trip up was a little longer than usual due to a mechanical issue with the gear trailer regardless we where out riding before noon. Can't beat $25.00 for a round trip ride from CT to Highland and back with HD movie entertainment!!

The riding was fantastic! I rented a Rocky Mountain Flatline for the day with all the pads etc and other than the first run getting used to wearing all the gear I eased right into it. By the second or third run I was flying off just about anything !

Didn't stop much to take any pictures while out on the trails but did manage to grab some video of some riders hitting up the big features at the end of the day, enjoy!

powbmps

Nice video, nasty wipeout at 4:00! There are some good riders up there.

I heard someone on AZ used to ride BMX. Is that him at 2:10 :wink:.