• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

expiring tax credit

2knees

anyone else planning a last minute upgrade to take advantage of this?

getting 12 new harvey windows installed upstairs. Honestly, i cant wait. our upstairs is always colder then downstairs. I can stand in front of my bedroom window and watch my hair blow in the wind.

o3jeff

getting 12 new harvey windows installed upstairs. Honestly, i cant wait. our upstairs is always colder then downstairs. I can stand in front of my bedroom window and watch my hair blow in the wind.

Thanks for giving me a call...

hammer

Have Harvey vinyl windows on my additions...been pretty happy with them, are easier to move than the other builder-grade windows on the rest of the house. Did have one half-round crack last year but got it replaced pretty quickly, only paid for the install labor.

Original 15YO vinyl double-hung windows are hanging in there so no plans on replacing. Even with the credit I'm guessing it wouldn't be worth it.

o3jeff

please explain. do you work for a competitor or harvey or are you a contractor.

Competitors, but we are in the commercial end of business chasing apartment, condos, hotels, assisted living. Projects I know you drive by that we did, Colt Building, the 2 hotels on the Glastonbury side of the Putnum bridge and the couple hotels in Southington.

I was just yanking your chain cause I thought you knew what I did:wink: You can't go wrong with the Harvey windows, they do have the residential replacement market cornered.

mondeo

I need to look into a wood stove. I know I'm going to do it next year anyways, but I'm thinking craigslist will beat the rebate. Especially after a wood stove (and I'm willing to put in the work that comes along with free wood,) efficiency improvements won't pay for themselves before my expected time in my house is up (7ish years.)