• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Political Attack Advertisement on Alpinezone

catskills

OMG a political attack advertisement on Alpine Zone.com. :angry:

Too bad we can't get away from this useless information.

catskills

Scott Murphy advertisement on the front page of Alpine Zone right under Links. I can't get the add to come up again. Maybe it was just a one time occurrence. I definitely did see the advertisement for Scott Murphy. I hate these things.

Last edited:

mister moose

First time I clicked on this topic I got this:

AZ_ad.jpg

It's our local congressional rep race, a Chris Murphy ad. Ads must be linked to zip code or something.

Smellytele

I think some of the things that pop up actually come from your cookies not totally from this website. I could be wrong but it seems sometimes that the things that pop up are very specific to me.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
They're certainly not chosen by Greg/AlpineZone. Those are somewhat random ads that do seem to tie in with your cookies. On the other hand, if you're signed in, you won't see those ads anyway. Just the ones on the top of the page that are usually skiing/mtbing related.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I've become so used to political ads, I don't even notice.

The mouse-over and pop ups are the ones that bother me most. Though we only issues with mouse-over a year or two ago. Wasn't Greg's choice

RISkier

First time I clicked on this topic I got this:

AZ_ad.jpg

It's our local congressional rep race, a Chris Murphy ad. Ads must be linked to zip code or something.

I think they may be even more targeted. I was looking at mortgage rates recently and I've been getting adds from a national mortgage company popping up on some web sites. I don't like it.

wa-loaf

If you login you don't get those adds anyway. Backcountry.com follows me all over the web. I can't figure out why ....

dmc

Such a horrible attack..... My god... Hide the children.... :)

Greg

Staff member
I don't see posts from "sponsor" as long as I'm logged in...not complaining...

Exactly. They are only visible to guests, not logged in members.